OT: - Breaking news.. | The Boneyard

OT: Breaking news..

Reaction Score
In a stunning turn of events it’s being reported that Mike the sports pope Francesa will be returning to WFAN to reclaim the numbah one sports radio show in NYC.

This is stunning only 4 months after leaving his drive time slot after 30 years.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
In a stunning turn of events it’s being reported that Mike the sports pope Francesa will be returning to WFAN to reclaim the numbah one sports radio show in NYC.

This is stunning only 4 months after leaving his drive time slot after 30 years.
Stunning.

giphy.gif

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
It is NOW, officially, the off-season!

Reaction Score
I would call it sickening as opposed to stunning. NY radio is a much better place with him gone.

I got to tell you his replacement show CMB is awful. Carlin is a loud mouth angry guy, Bart Scott outside of football knows very little about sports. I feel bad for Maggie Grey she seems to have put in the hard work and has potential. Bottom line is was a last minute pairing that hasn't worked.... Francesa, love him or hate him will regain lost ratings..... Thats really what its all about.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
As an eternal optimist, always expecting (hoping for) a top 5 coveted recruit or transfer to commit to UConn, I was hoping your "breaking news" was a report that UConn was getting a fierce and dominating 6'5" graduate transfer that averaged 25/15 last season from a P5 conference, who runs the floor like a gazelle, along with a 6-3 graduate transfer wing that had similar numbers and athleticism this past season. One that would remind you in many ways of Maya Moore (on and off the court). Oh well...............:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Francesa cut me off about 25 years ago before I was able to rebut a point. Mike and the Mad Dog was a very nice drive time sports talk show on Mondays and Fridays.

Reaction Score
My yawn actually took longer than reading this post.

No way. It’s total Armageddon now. Francesa and Russo were ripping CMB saying there would be job openings there soon. Carlin texted Francesa and Russo telling them to blank his as*. WFAN is keeping CMB and cutting there show to 1-3 and Francesa from3-6:30. It’s going to be full of tension. Meanwhile Russo said Francesa looks like a horses ass for crawling back to WFAN after a two year retirement tour.
Sid Rosenberg today said Francesa can’t stand being with his family and had to get back to work.
It’s a complete chit show. I find it fascinating.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
No way. It’s total Armageddon now. Francesa and Russo were ripping CMB saying there would be job openings there soon. Carlin texted Francesa and Russo telling them to blank his as*. WFAN is keeping CMB and cutting there show to 1-3 and Francesa from3-6:30. It’s going to be full of tension. Meanwhile Russo said Francesa looks like a horses ass for crawling back to WFAN after a two year retirement tour.
Sid Rosenberg today said Francesa can’t stand being with his family and had to get back to work.
It’s a complete chit show. I find it fascinating.
Everyone turns to watch a car wreck.

Reaction Score
Who is this gy and why should we care?

If u live in CT/NY and like sports or sports talk it’s kinda an interesting story. Listening to WFAN has been a part of my life since 5th grade. If you don’t care then u don’t care.
It’s a local sports story.

Reaction Score
You really don't know who Mike Francesa is?

I’m not surprised the usual sarcastic posters will come up with a snarky response to my OP. Clearly my OP is not meant to rattle cages but mention an interesting local sports story during our off season.

Reaction Score
You really don't know who Mike Francesa is?
I think I'd heard of him somewhere. Now remember, I lived in Arizona for the until two years ago and moved to Florida. The only time I listened to radio sports guys was in Philly back in the late 90s-early 2000s. Since then it's been pretty much NPR all the time. So the answer to the question is no.

As for snark, if I wanted to be snarky, trust me. You would know it.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Who is this gy and why should we care?
Unless you live in NYC and listened to their crap, you probably shouldn't. A couple of tools, which or course makes them very popular with New Yorkers.

Reaction Score
I’m not surprised the usual sarcastic posters will come up with a snarky response to my OP. Clearly my OP is not meant to rattle cages but mention an interesting local sports story during our off season.
Thanks for posting, I also find it interesting as I've been listening to his show for a long time. I am looking forward to how Mike spins this, he does have quite an ego.

Reaction Score
Thanks for posting, I also find it interesting as I've been listening to his show for a long time. I am looking forward to how Mike spins this, he does have quite an ego.

I was just in Naples for the week. It’s one of my favorite spots. Rented a house off 3rd ave. with an Escalade. Back to CT reality now!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom