Breaking news - Marylands preseason strategy is working | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Breaking news - Marylands preseason strategy is working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Uconn doesns't have to "look impressive". They're the national champs four years in a row.

Exactly. Thus why folks want to get into a pissing contest over OOC is beyond me.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The Terps beat Mt. St. Mary's today, 106-42. That's not surprising, but here's the interesting part: After leading by 37-20 at the half, Maryland put up 69 in the second half. Even though the bench got reasonable playing time, it looks as if Brenda's squad pressed and ran the entire second half.

The Terps play ASU next week and Louisville next week, so they will have some decent competition before facing the Huskies on Dec. 29. But the Huskies will have played SIX ranked teams before playing Maryland.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Exactly. Thus why folks want to get into a pissing contest over OOC is beyond me.

UConn significantly upgraded its OOC schedule after it joined the AAC and needed to compensate for a weaker in-conference schedule. If UConn were in a Power-5 conference, there is no doubt that its OOC schedule would not be this rigorous.

But still, I can't help but marvel at UConn's OOC schedule this season, which is, I dare say, the best the game's ever seen (playing 6 out of the top 8 teams in the AP poll, and no team that hasn't made the NCAA tournament in the past two years).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS
Top Bottom