Breaking news: ESPN site has been hijacked! | The Boneyard

Breaking news: ESPN site has been hijacked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Good article. Two things jumped out at me:

I didn't know Boat had acknowledged this:

"Over the last year, I can say that I became a man," Boatright said. "Honestly, my year individually was horrible. My regular season was horrible. On the court, my frustration was very high -- on and off of it."

And this is quoted for truth--I know it's early, but this is the line of the season so far:

"we didn't win that title doing what we were supposed to do; we won it by doing what we weren't supposed to do"

Reaction Score
Don't see the story - and the vid is not about UConn.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Or the whole ESPN top brass has been taken hostage!

First, JC was hired and then UConn news on the front page:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/

Help me out here, i have no earthly explanation!
Hail traveler from Alpha Centauri. @8893 has translated your communication for those of us residing on earth!

While you were orbiting the moon UConn has won a NC and therefore is news worthy to ESPN. Furthermore there is a lull in conference realignment so there is incentive to promote UConn being that it is a member of the AAC and the AAC is under contract with ESPN. Don't expect this promotional content to continue if conference realignment heats up again and UConn is successful or if the AAC contract is near it's date of expiration.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
"we didn't win that title doing what we were supposed to do; we won it by doing what we weren't supposed to do"

Sounds like Ollie is rubbing off on the guys. I have to say, I enjoy all of Ollie's little turn of phrases; sure beats the standard sports cliches to which we are normally subjected.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I thought it was funny the way the JC article cited "AP sources". They can't call their own people?

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I didn't know Boat had acknowledged this:

"Over the last year, I can say that I became a man," Boatright said. "

I'm shocked. I would've thought he'd become a man in middle school, high school at the latest.... ;)

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I'm shocked. I would've thought he'd become a man in middle school, high school at the latest.... ;)

Funny -- Nadav Henefeld, Doron Sheffer and even Gilad Katz and Uri Cohen-Mintz became men at 13.

Reaction Score
Or the whole ESPN top brass has been taken hostage!

First, JC was hired and then UConn news on the front page:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/

Help me out here, i have no earthly explanation!

It's like bizarro-world. I'm not sure I'm ready for this. I'm actually worried for when we get our 5th ship....and they have no choice to except us as blue bloods. We'd even get unworthy preseason top 5 rankings and relentless kudos from Dookie V. What will it be like....no chip on the shoulder and all? Will it lose it's luster? Will we become entitled, pitiful fans who get tattoos on our legs? I bask in the respect chase, what will I yearn for (other than #6)? Doomed fo sho.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Funny -- Nadav Henefeld, Doron Sheffer and even Gilad Katz and Uri Cohen-Mintz became men at 13.

Um...yeah...it was the part you omitted that I was surprised to see him acknowledge:

"Honestly, my year individually was horrible. My regular season was horrible. On the court, my frustration was very high -- on and off of it."

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Sounds like Ollie is rubbing off on the guys. I have to say, I enjoy all of Ollie's little turn of phrases; sure beats the standard sports cliches to which we are normally subjected.
Yep. They're motivational, positive and readily applied to life outside of basketball as well. Gotta admit I've recalled some of them myself from time to time already, and that one is a gem I will definitely incorporate also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom