Breaking down UConn’s quarterback competition, candidate by candidate (McFarland @ Courant) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Breaking down UConn’s quarterback competition, candidate by candidate (McFarland @ Courant)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I’m concerned that Krajewski hasn’t been named the far and away favorite because by all accounts he should be.

Care to elaborate on why you think "by all accounts he should be"?

Reaction Score
I’m concerned that Krajewski hasn’t been named the far and away favorite because by all accounts he should be.
Honestly bro, do you have any inside info on this? So far, from what we've seen on the field, it doesn't appear to be that.... BUT, if you're looking at how he's been carrying himself off the field, I'd be more inclined to understand your logic....

Reaction Score
All this time to evaluate guys, let’s hope it’s not the big open competition the article portrays, since it would be alarming if one of the healthy guys hasn’t created some seperation by now.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
This is the position that makes or breaks the season. I have no horse in the race, I just want someone to rise up and seize the job as opposed to getting it because they made less mistakes than the others.

Reaction Score
I’m looking forward to the media access and open practice to get more info on this group. Randy isn’t going to give us anything until he has to (nor should he).

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This is the position that makes or breaks the season. I have no horse in the race, I just want someone to rise up and seize the job as opposed to getting it because they made less mistakes than the others.

Personal opinion since none of us have seen any QB throw a live pass in 19 months.....It's going to come down to Zergiotis' aggressiveness and does his playmaking overcome his mistakes vs. Krajewski and whether his risk aversion is worth the plays he gives up by not being aggressive.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Went over my head. Sorry.
Good for you...you don't know the worst boneyard tradition...lol.

I have no idea how it started...but the "joking" response to any "when" question is twenty minutes. I like using "11:11" as an homage to one of chief's odder boneyard proclamations. Feel free to do a search on here to see the painful thread where chief was certain that a bunch of UConn football games were starting at 11:11 because he found some schedule that used 11:11 as placeholders for real times. I share this at the risk of inviting chief to engage in this bizarre argument again.

Reaction Score
So, were we all counting the red jersey appearances in those tweets? An awful lot of 10's and 11's. Just sayin' .... The coaching staff are probably highly entertained by the speculation here. If they don't know who is on the short list by now, even with their highly discounted salaries, they are getting paid too much.

Reaction Score
Good for you...you don't know the worst boneyard tradition...lol.

I have no idea how it started...but the "joking" response to any "when" question is twenty minutes. I like using "11:11" as an homage to one of chief's odder boneyard proclamations. Feel free to do a search on here to see the painful thread where chief was certain that a bunch of UConn football games were starting at 11:11 because he found some schedule that used 11:11 as placeholders for real times. I share this at the risk of inviting chief to engage in this bizarre argument again.
Thx, I tune out the flame wars. I am not even too interested if someone flames me, although there have been exceptions.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
So, were we all counting the red jersey appearances in those tweets? An awful lot of 10's and 11's. Just sayin' .... The coaching staff are probably highly entertained by the speculation here. If they don't know who is on the short list by now, even with their highly discounted salaries, they are getting paid too much.

Yep. Those clips verify what Randy said last week of people being surprised who has grabbed the reigns of the offense.

Reaction Score
Personal opinion since none of us have seen any QB throw a live pass in 19 months.....It's going to come down to Zergiotis' aggressiveness and does his playmaking overcome his mistakes vs. Krajewski and whether his risk aversion is worth the plays he gives up by not being aggressive.
I want to see Zerg out there… I’d rather be going for wins than trying not to lose.

Reaction Score
I'd be happy to hear that ML is the QB. That would mean that he competed and took it away from the favorites. And it would have had to be a clear win for that to happen. And a clear win would mean an upgrade for UConn at that position. Not expecting that, although he might make the short list.

Reaction Score
I'd be happy to hear that ML is the QB. That would mean that he competed and took it away from the favorites. And it would have had to be a clear win for that to happen. And a clear win would mean an upgrade for UConn at that position. Not expecting that, although he might make the short list.
Agree, but I'm hoping by definition we have an upgrade because all three are two years more mature, both mentally and physically. ML is a wild card because we fans haven't seen him play. Coaches have mentioned publically he has a great arm. He has been hurt since he has been here though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom