Breakfast with a Boneyarder | The Boneyard

Breakfast with a Boneyarder

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
To review (and a little history):
  • First, @EricLA and I would grab dinner when I visited SD (and he was EricSanDiego).
  • Second, the phone conversations and group texts started with @EricLA and @ucbart (and continue weekly to this day).
  • Next came the 2011 Fiesta Bowl with @HuskyNan , when I received my official Boneyard pin.
  • Then was a friendship with a lurker (and the biggest Swin Cash fan there is).
  • Then there were messages exchanged with longtime BY posters like @vowelguy and @RockyMTblue2 .
And we arrive at this morning, when I had breakfast with a longtime Boneyard lurker and CT native (picture attached).

I have been posting on the Boneyard since (approximately) the autumn of 2002. But for the past 12 years -- as delineated by the the events described above, which began in 2007 -- the Boneyard has engaged in a subtle full court press to fully convert me to a UConn fan and a full-fledged member of the Boneyard faithful.

Is the next step for the Boneyard to have me renounce my status as a Duke alumnus (if only the Duke Law School loans could be renounced as well)? LOL

Thank you for reading this (and making me feel welcome). Carry on, Boneyarders!

Boneyard.jpg

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The only Dookie I would dine with should he ever be in a commercial flight forced to land in Bozeman Int'l Airport. You guys go to the same dentist? Nice work. ;) If only all non-UConn fans were like you Camm.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
It's been great getting to know you, @CamrnCrz1974 . It's directly because of you that I got to know more about Duke WCBB, specifically Gail Goestenkors, and not only came to respect her and the program, but actually like and root for them.

I feel your pain with the current coaching situation and the inability of the AD to get a new HC in there for you guys. Duke is probably THE most prestigious gig in all of WCBB (no disrespect meant to UCONN or Tennessee etc). I hope things get better! :)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
  • First, @EricLA and I would grab dinner when I visited SD (and he was EricSanDiego).
  • Second, the phone conversations and group texts started with @EricLA and @ucbart (and continue weekly to this day).
  • Next came the 2011 Fiesta Bowl with @HuskyNan , when I received my official Boneyard pin.
  • Then there were messages exchanged with longtime BY posters like @vowelguy and @RockyMTblue2 .
And we arrive at this morning, when I had breakfast with a longtime Boneyard lurker and CT native (picture attached).

I have been posting on the Boneyard since (approximately) the autumn of 2002. But for the past 12 years -- as delineated by the the events described above, which began in 2007 -- the Boneyard has engaged in a subtle full court press to fully convert me to a UConn fan and a full-fledged member of the Boneyard faithful.

Is the next step for the Boneyard to have me renounce my status as a Duke alumnus (if only the Duke Law School loans could be renounced as well)? LOL

View attachment 43419
Well, Cam, I may be in Scottsdale for golf in September. You can add another to your list.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
It's been great getting to know you, @CamrnCrz1974 . It's directly because of you that I got to know more about Duke WCBB, specifically Gail Goestenkors, and not only came to respect her and the program, but actually like and root for them.

I feel your pain with the current coaching situation and the inability of the AD to get a new HC in there for you guys. Duke is probably THE most prestigious gig in all of WCBB (no disrespect meant to UCONN or Tennessee etc). I hope things get better! :)
Glad to see no UConn fans liked this post.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

View attachment 43419
Love having you aboard. But ain't nothing wrong with being a Dukie my friend. I certainly root for them.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Dude, do you have an idea how many people think it's complete insanity that you, myself and Eric have weekly conference calls, re: the state of women's basketball!

Let's start a podcast.

That would be cool

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Duke is probably THE most prestigious gig in all of WCBB

You, @EricLA, have had someone spike your OJ! Perhaps nobody has done less with more in women's NCAA history!!! We should be nice to Camm 'cuz he's crazy and proud of it, but we do not have to occupy the room next door in the crazy basketball fans hotel!

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Dude, do you have an idea how many people think it's complete insanity that you, myself and Eric have weekly conference calls, re: the state of women's basketball!

Let's start a podcast.

I’d give you my monies on Patreon.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
You, @EricLA, have had someone spike your OJ! Perhaps nobody has done less with more in women's NCAA history!!! We should be nice to Camm 'cuz he's crazy and proud of it, but we do not have to occupy the room next door in the crazy basketball fans hotel!
My point was that there is probably no more prestigious WCBB power with the possible exception of Stanford. The Duke WCBB head coaching position is potentially the most prestigious in all of WCBB. I know UCONN and Tennessee (and Notre Dame and Baylor and Stanford and others) have more NC's and final 4's etc, but can you imagine of Geno had been at Duke for the past 25 years? He'd have close to 20 NC's IMHO.

UCONN is great because of Geno. Tennessee was great because of Pat. However, neither school can boast being the most coveted destination for a WCBB coach IMHO...

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
neither school can boast being the most coveted destination for a WCBB coach IMHO...

Because? What in its history would make it so? Oh, I get the sorta Ivy League cachet thing, but maybe you are thinking about Duke womens golf?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Because? What in its history would make it so? Oh, I get the sorta Ivy League cachet thing, but maybe you are thinking about Duke womens golf?
What happened to Tennessee after Pat left? They got Holly and now they got Kelli. Not exactly the most elite coaches flocking to coach at their university. When Geno leaves, you think UCONN would be able to get Muffet or Scott or Jeff or Vic or or Tara or Kim or some other top coach? The will likely get one of their current assistants or someone like Jen.

I forgot about Notre Dame. I would say the 2 most plumb WCBB coaching gigs would be at Notre Dame or Duke. The universities basically recruits themselves. Let's be honest - Joanne is a pretty terrible coach, but top recruits still choose to go to Duke.

I'm not saying UCONN hasn't built something great, but it's not UCONN that built it, it's Geno. Just like Tennessee - it's not the school that built the great hoops program, it was Pat.

If Duke had a coach like Geno or Jeff or Muffet or Tara or Kim or a few other coaches, it would probably be in the final NC game most every year. I guess that's the point I'm trying (and apparently failing) to make...

Reaction Score

View attachment 43419
Aww! you guys look great! ;) #bleedblue

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
What happened to Tennessee after Pat left? They got Holly and now they got Kelli. Not exactly the most elite coaches flocking to coach at their university. When Geno leaves, you think UCONN would be able to get Muffet or Scott or Jeff or Vic or or Tara or Kim or some other top coach? The will likely get one of their current assistants or someone like Jen.

I forgot about Notre Dame. I would say the 2 most plumb WCBB coaching gigs would be at Notre Dame or Duke. The universities basically recruits themselves. Let's be honest - Joanne is a pretty terrible coach, but top recruits still choose to go to Duke.

I'm not saying UCONN hasn't built something great, but it's not UCONN that built it, it's Geno. Just like Tennessee - it's not the school that built the great hoops program, it was Pat.

If Duke had a coach like Geno or Jeff or Muffet or Tara or Kim or a few other coaches, it would probably be in the final NC game most every year. I guess that's the point I'm trying (and apparently failing) to make...

I like the effort. But you are describing Tenn and our maybe future nightmare, Not getting why those 2 things point to a golden aura glowing out of Dukeydom. It's a sorta Ivyish place with success in men's basketball. Hung around for a while in women's baskketball and then Joanne cemented it in also ran. If you like heat and humidity it is a swell place to go and pretend you are an elite university with monster trucks, Saturday drags and mud bogging a short drive away. ??? Oh, and Pecan Pie (yuck).

Reaction Score
My point was that there is probably no more prestigious WCBB power with the possible exception of Stanford. The Duke WCBB head coaching position is potentially the most prestigious in all of WCBB.

Stanford is more prestigious than Duke for both WCBB and academics.

Reaction Score

Let's start a podcast.

"2 Dogs and a Dukie"
"A Dukie in King Geno's Court"
"The Gam-Cam WCBB podcast"

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

View attachment 43419
1) Why wasn't I invited? I love breakfast. :D
2) Were the waiters UCONN or Duke grads? :cool:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog