Brandon Austin recruitment ? | The Boneyard

Brandon Austin recruitment ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Any information on the athletic small forward targeting Brandon Austin, 6-6, 180 pounds, from Imhotep Charter School in Philadelphia? I'm late but just read about him at the bottle of the courant arcticle on Parker.

Reaction Score
Kid is very good. I have never heard anything on UConn with him ever. I believe the article said that UConn might go after him. I don't see us going after him hard at all because I believe Jabari Parker will now be our top target for sure.

Reaction Score
Kid is very good. I have never heard anything on UConn with him ever. I believe the article said that UConn might go after him. I don't see us going after him hard at all because I believe Jabari Parker will now be our top target for sure.

It would awfully silly to put all of our eggs in the Jabari Parker basket and ignore everyone else at that position.

Reaction Score
It would awfully silly to put all of our eggs in the Jabari Parker basket and ignore everyone else at that position.
Completely understand what you are saying. However I believe that Jabari is seriously interested in UConn. Plus we have Daniels who will be here for at least another year after this one which will give us another year to recruit that position.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Completely understand what you are saying. However I believe that Jabari is seriously interested in UConn. Plus we have Daniels who will be here for at least another year after this one which will give us another year to recruit that position.

I think we go all in on Vonleh and Parker. Maybe pick up an underrated guard along the way.

Reaction Score
I think were too late for Parker. Ppl in Chicago believe Michst and Duke have made their way to the top.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
I thought Parker said he's deciding in the spring. He's cutting in October?

Reaction Score
I appreciate the information. Amore said look for us to get heavily involved so I didn't know what the situation was.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
4 if nobody transfers/declares for NBA

1. Kentan Facey
2. Terrence Samuel
3. Noah Vonleh / XRM / Jabari Parker
4. Underrated guard.

Reaction Score
They’re very high on Austin. But there’s a long way to go. is what I hear...

Reaction Score
I think were too late for Parker. Ppl in Chicago believe Michst and Duke have made their way to the top.

We are late. The fact he added us after KO was named coach is encouraging. It makes sense that Duke and Michigan St. would lead this late in the game. Not trying to get anyone's hopes up, because it is a long shot, but there is always a chance.

Reaction Score
I like Austin he looks good but I havent seen much of him at all.
I thought Parker said he's deciding in the spring. He's cutting in October?
I agree with the fact that if Jabari Parker was to decide in the fall and sign in the fall that we would basically be out of his sweepstakes. However it doesn't seem like he will sign in the fall originally he was going to but lately most signs seem to be pointing towards him signing in the spring. Now to the comment on him cutting his list. I have heard that it will be to five or less schools and he will officially visit them. I have also heard that he could cut his list as early as this weekend or to as late as the end of October. Right now I know he has a visit scheduled for Duke and I'm almost positive he has a visit scheduled to Michigan State. There is two of his five. That leaves nine schools fighting for three spots. However Kentucky has all but completely stopped recruiting him. That leaves eight schools for three spots. Jabari Parker has reportedly had in-home visits with eight schools: Florida, DePaul, BYU, Kansas, North Carolina, Michigan State, Duke and UConn. Two of them are Duke and Michigan State. So that seemingly makes it six schools fighting for three spots. All of a sudden our chances are looking much better. Now here are my reasons why we have a very good chance at being one of those three schools:
1. Jabari Parker has always liked UConn. He is on record saying that he likes the school and that Jeremy Lamb was his favorite college basketball player last year. Also this is what his dad, Sonny Parker, has to say on his son liking UConn, “I think he’s liked UConn in the past. He talked to Coach [Jim] Calhoun in the past and now he’s talking to Coach Ollie. All the home visits and selections are all his choices.”
2. This also reflects that quote I brought in. He chose us. We were not recruiting him at all and he decided to hear what we have to say and brought us in. He brought us in late not for no reason. There must be something he really likes. His AAU coach said, “If Jabari wasn’t seriously interested in UConn, he wouldn’t have them come for a visit, they don’t waste people’s time, that’s not how Jabari and his family is.”

I believe that we will make his final five and get an official. If he signs late and we make his final list anything can happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom