Brady not returning to Patriots | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Brady not returning to Patriots

Reaction Score
It's got to be Tampa or the Chargers. Longshot to Miami or Chicago. They could use him, but I don't see that ever happening.

Raiders have Carr and Mariota. Tannehill signed an extension in Tenn. I can't think of another team that a) doesn't have a QB and b) could actually make an attractive offer (like a Washington).
He waited too long, unless he really doesn’t want to win a championship. No one looking for a qb has enough talent to win.
The real downside is the Patriots got nothing for him, and still have a lousy offense.

Reaction Score
There's already a thousand person wait online for bucs season tickets, figured I might buy if they were still jameis prices

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I think of Montana in a Chiefs jersey, Favre in Vikings kit, Manning in Broncos (nothin' wrong with that)...but Brady in that God awful Tampa mess, with numbers that look like they belong on an '80s digital watch? I'm just going to go and throw up.

Reaction Score
He's also playing in a stadium that has a pirate ship that fires cannons every time there's a touchdown

Reaction Score
I think of Montana in a Chiefs jersey, Favre in Vikings kit, Manning in Broncos (nothin' wrong with that)...but Brady in that God awful Tampa mess, with numbers that look like they belong on an '80s digital watch? I'm just going to go and throw up.

They are redoing their uniform

Personally, I never really minded their creamsicle uniforms, though the French guy was not my cup of tea.

Reaction Score
Im speechless, never thought this day would come. Thank you TB, go prove em wrong and win one without Belichick.
Bye bye Tom. Should have retired. Your last two years will be remembered as someone who stayed too long.

Reaction Score
I'm weirdly kind of excited about all this. It makes it really interesting again. I'm also sick of all the is this is his last year, is he done, when will he retire every year.

That said, I'd take him for 2 more in a heartbeat.
I have been kind of excited about this. Sports is about challenges, Winning the division with the same script has gotten kind of monotonous. The new challenges will create excitement. Bill will figure this out.

Reaction Score
Not a reach. I dont care one way or the other. Just seems like drama queen move to me. My childhood heroes were guys like Johnny U who would grab some mud to stop their bleeding.
They used to play with leather helmets too but things change. He is the GOAT. Like it or not

Reaction Score
Hardoooooo.

What a run. Pretty incredible experience to think your team was going to win every game it played for 20 years. Lot of great moments. We'll see if another franchise can put together a run like this. Wish Brady the best, and I'm excited to see what Belichick does with whatever he has to work with this year, whether it's Stidham (gulp) or someone else. Will be a bit strange to see Brady throwing touchdowns to Antonio Brown in Tampa but life goes on . . .
Classless move by Mr. Happy ending in my view. Guy was perpetually underpaid for the betterment of the team for 20 years, and they guy wanted 2 years at market. Belichick offers less for one year. Zero loyalty. This is a Belichick ego game and Kraft chose Bill over Tom.

Reaction Score
Classless move by Mr. Happy ending in my view. Guy was perpetually underpaid for the betterment of the team for 20 years, and they guy wanted 2 years at market. Belichick offers less for one year. Zero loyalty. This is a Belichick ego game and Kraft chose Bill over Tom.
There is no one in professional sports that is underpaid.

Reaction Score
Not so fast my friend. He sucked in Cleveland. To me this is a Belichick ego play through and through. I wonder what they are drinking up in Boston. Tom is the face of the franchise. Sox threw Betts to the curb. It’s like the owners have a bet as to who can do the most damage and crap on fans the most and get away with it.
Cleveland? 25 years ago? Yikes

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Though I understand not giving said poster the benefit of the doubt, I am pretty sure he is referring to what will be the last seasons of Brady's career (in TB).

my mistake if so

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Belichick wins because he has no loyalty. Loyalty is for mugs. Ruthlessness wins championships. This ain't college man. Stupid franchises pay guys for emotional purposes.

Kraft smartly put in with the guy who could be here for a while. Tom's got 2 years, 3 at most. This is common sense.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Not a reach. I dont care one way or the other. Just seems like drama queen move to me. My childhood heroes were guys like Johnny U who would grab some mud to stop their bleeding.

You clearly aren't in touch with our modern social media society. This is de rigueur. Lot nicer than most actually

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm just glad the drama is over. It became incredibly boring.

Reaction Score
I'm weirdly kind of excited about all this. It makes it really interesting again. I'm also sick of all the is this is his last year, is he done, when will he retire every year.

That said, I'd take him for 2 more in a heartbeat.

You say that...until you're watching them get waxed 31-14 in the 3rd quarter of a Sunday night game 2 years from now. You are spoiled by the benefit of the last 2 decades, my friend. The downside is soooooo much more likely than the upside here.

Reaction Score
He was decent with nobody to throw to. New England should have kept him and found their next QB over the next two years. I’m sure they have a plan, but I’m not sure it will justify this in the end. He isn’t a broken down QB just yet and he’s worth a fortune in exposure, merchandise sales and fan loyalty. A large percentage of Pats fans are primarily Brady fans. He has been the franchise for 20 years. I’ll still be a Patriots fan but I’ll buy a Brady Bucs jersey and go to some games to see him before he retires.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom