Bradley update?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
some 1 on campus feed us please! :D

Reaction Score
rolled his ankle in the fieldhouse during practice/pickup...my friend saw it...said it was swollen like crazy

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Here come the conspiracy theories that we broke his femurs on purpose so we don't end up losing anything by not giving him a scholarship or something equally ridiculous.

Edit I'm on campus and I have seen him a few times but not in the past couple days, so I can't report anything. Seems like it must be a really badly "rolled ankle" if he needs crutches.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Who cares what the conspiratorial program detractors say about this injury. It sucks for Bradley. It really sets him back. These injuries sometimes take a long time to heal and Bradley can use every moment to get better. As deep as people think UConn is, and as little people are projecting Bradley to play, I prefer to have as many back up plans as possible. And Bradley was a back up plan.

More importantly for me is that this kid is a great kid and deserves his opportunities to be part of the team. Obviously if this injury lingers, there is the red shirt that could help him scholarship wise. But I thought I read somewhere he is thinking of switching out of pharmacy, so that would make this a moot point, both from our positive spin of things and the conspirators trying to paint JC as a renegade.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Broken ankles can take a while to heal, especially when you're a basketball player for an elite team. Rolled ankles, however, can't take that long to heal. They hurt pretty bad for no longer than a week. If pain lasts much longer than that, he did more than roll it.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Broken ankles can take a while to heal, especially when you're a basketball player for an elite team. Rolled ankles, however, can't take that long to heal. They hurt pretty bad for no longer than a week. If pain lasts much longer than that, he did more than roll it.
It depends how severe the damage is to the soft tissue.

Reaction Score
Sometimes ankle breaks are preferable to a significant sprain. The sprain can take longer to rehab if things get too stretched out.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Sometimes ankle breaks are preferable to a significant sprain. The sprain can take longer to rehab if things get too stretched out.

Yah. Especially depends where the break and the sprain are comparatively. High ankle sprains can last a looong time. Some ankle breaks can set and be healed in weeks.

Reaction Score
Disagree. I have rolled ankles bad that kept from doing much for a good month. I could walk without crutches after about a week but it took another few weeks to be able to do anything athletically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom