Brad Stevens | The Boneyard

Brad Stevens

Status
Not open for further replies.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
All right I'll say it ....

If they sign Brad Stevens instead of Kevin Ollie I could live with that decision :)

Butler outscored Indiana 42-32 in the paint and 27-17 in second-chance points. Indiana entered the game ranked in the top 10 among Power 6 schools in Points in Paint PG margin and 2nd-chance Points PG margin.

Reaction Score

If they sign Brad Stevens instead of Kevin Ollie I could live with that decision :)

Butler outscored Indiana 42-32 in the paint and 27-17 in second-chance points. Indiana entered the game ranked in the top 10 among Power 6 schools in Points in Paint PG margin and 2nd-chance Points PG margin.

Just knew there would be a post about him being our coach.......I didn't see many after they scored 47 and got beat by 20 against Xavier though!!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The UConn coach needs to recruit NYC and nationally. Stevens has shown he can steal guys from IU. I wouldn't cry if he were our coach but, let's dial it back a minute. JC schooled him in the NCG and the guy currently in the job was sitting right there next to him and has been learning from him for the last 20 years.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Brad's a good coach. Good Recruiter. There are few others out there that I think merit discussion. I've said before I think Ollie should have the chance to lose the position (or win it as the case may be). I'm impressed so far. Outside of that there's really only a few choices that I would think would quiet the crowd. Now I'm not going to talk feasibility. I've read somewhere UConn is now a third rate program . No Catholic schools to challenge them you see :). A Brad Stevens is a winner and UConn is ....... it's amazing what you can read out there

Reaction Score
If both were available today I take Stevens. If for no other reason than he's an established winner and he's shown an ability to win with less. Ollie is still a crapshoot. With the current league affiliation there is no question that recruiting takes a hit and the overall brand could also use a boost to potentially find a way out of the current situation. If they are going to stick with that stiff pasqualoni, make a splash elsewhere. If Ollie is a swing and miss and with Uconn as the immense losers in realignment, too much risk. Hedge that with an established winner and brand name. It would most certainly be the smart move.

That being said, I don't think we can even attract the guy and thus, Ollie is the man.

Reaction Score
Might be tough to lure him when you can make a pretty good argument he has a more stable job now.

Reaction Score
If both were available today I take Stevens. If for no other reason than he's an established winner and he's shown an ability to win with less. Ollie is still a crapshoot. With the current league affiliation there is no question that recruiting takes a hit and the overall brand could also use a boost to potentially find a way out of the current situation. If they are going to stick with that stiff pasqualoni, make a splash elsewhere. If Ollie is a swing and miss and with Uconn as the immense losers in realignment, too much risk. Hedge that with an established winner and brand name. It would most certainly be the smart move.

That being said, I don't think we can even attract the guy and thus, Ollie is the man.

KO is handicapped by his contract. Otherwise, it should be KO all the way. I'd take 1KO vs. 20 Stevens any day. Conference alignment is making UConn look more and more like a mid-major, in which case Brad Stevens is a great fit. KO has done a great job in his first year with what he has. No need to force him out, and certainly not for Stevens.

Reaction Score
RS9999X ... I don't get this.

You do know that he has no real assets in being strong in our Northeast-centric program ... if he even wanted to here. Why would you pine for a guy when the Probability of getting him is not very high?

O ... maybe just want to antagonize the 99% of us who are watching Ollie & thinking ... HEY - this might be pretty good.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
i hate this posting threads about a coach after one game... ollie is in the worst possible position with his contract, a horrible ad and pres, no conference in the next few years and hes doing a hell of a job with all thats being thrown at him... i dont want stevens or shaka or anyone else but ollie... he bleeds uconn and will do whatever it takes to get uconn to where the university should be... i stand by ollie, ten toes in

Reaction Score
I don't know. I think we could convince Stevens to come. Is he aware that we have a rivalry with QuinniPEEak?

Reaction Score
I don't know. I think we could convince Stevens to come. Is he aware that we have a rivalry with QuinniPEEak?

Why do we let these moronic Orange fans in? If Lucy or Linus sign up let's not allow their membership............now Woodstock on the other hand?:oops:

Reaction Score
You can tell yourself whatever you want, but UConn is not a good job right now.

Reaction Score
You can tell yourself whatever you want, but UConn is not a good job right now.

Better yet you tell yourself what you want and some of us will think otherwise........

Is it what it was 2 years ago because of the unknown, of course not..........but "not a good job"? Wrong..........

Reaction Score
I'm happy with Ollie, and I would be happy with Stevens. I do not think there is one school in the nation that will ever get him. He is an Indiana guy with his entire family and friends from Indiana, and I don't think money is that important to him. I see him staying there and trying to do what Calhoun did with UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom