OT: - Brad Stevens | The Boneyard

OT: Brad Stevens

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Enes Kanter currently has a DNP - Coaches Decision. No explanation for that

Reaction Score
Enes Kanter currently has a DNP - Coaches Decision. No explanation for that

He could've helped when they were getting mauled by the zone in the 2nd. Especially when Soloman Hill was in

Reaction Score
He was really good in the playoffs last year.
He was still a net negative when you look at a lot of advanced analytics. Specifically because his defense. But you’re right, I was thinking 2 years ago specifically in OKC

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
He was still a net negative when you look at a lot of advanced analytics. Specifically because his defense. But you’re right, I was thinking 2 years ago specifically in OKC

Kanter played great in the playoffs last year. And it's not like Stevens is choosing between Shaq in his prime and Kanter. The Celtics do not have any other options and they are still not playing Kanter.

Reaction Score
Kanter played great in the playoffs last year. And it's not like Stevens is choosing between Shaq in his prime and Kanter. The Celtics do not have any other options and they are still not playing Kanter.
You’re actually arguing for Kanter to get minutes? He can’t play defense, period. He can’t guard Bam, much less guard any of the perimeter guys the Heat have. And when you have 4 guys on the court at all times that can score better than he does, there is absolutely no need for him to be in the game. Theis has proven he is far better to have out there, you’re watching a different game if you think otherwise.

Reaction Score
Please see prior post regarding advanced analytics pointing to him as a net negative. Great guy on your fantasy team vs contributing toward winning are 2 different things.

Reaction Score
I have advanced analytics for you. Celtics are down 3 games to 1 to an inferior team.
As a UConn fan you must know that heart and grit, beat talent especially when it matters. And Miami is a tough bunch.

Boston is exposed as being more finesse and looking somewhat soft. I'm no Boston fan (but yes a Kemba fan), but they look nothing like those tough MF'ers back in the day, except for Smart who is a guard, and too small to be the 'intimidator' but damn if he doesn't try. If the team played like him this series would be different.

I think also that Kemba needs another year to be the defacto leader. He's still auditioning or evolving.

Reaction Score
I have advanced analytics for you. Celtics are down 3 games to 1 to an inferior team.
Can't disagree with this. The Celtics have looked like the better team for all or most of 3/4 games, but they only won 1 of them. Heat are playing with sky-high confidence, and getting hot shooting nights from their perimeter guys. Right now its a mental battle, and the Heat are winning it.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I’m a huge Stevens fan. He’s a great coach but he’s lost touch of this team.
The way they’ve played down the stretch multiple times during these playoffs has been so poor and reflective of the coach. There is way too much isolation and standing around the perimeter, while Butler, Herro and Dragic are running circles around the Celtics defense on the other end.

I like Stevens but his obsession with Daniel Theis over Williams/Kanter and inability to tell Marcus Smart or Tatum to pound sand for a minute or 2 when they take an ill-advised shot is infuriating at times.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom