Brad Stevens tells team ‘if you want to be special, then model after Kemba’ | The Boneyard

Brad Stevens tells team ‘if you want to be special, then model after Kemba’

Reaction Score
Heart of a lion. I know he loved Charlotte but so good to see him on a winning team and I am pretty sure he loves winning more. With the Celtics he WILL become a household name (much more so) too.

Insane he fell to 9 in the draft in 2011.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The fact Kemba was typically playing down to the wire for a playoff bid and making it a couple times with his second best player being Jeremy Lamb or a Zeller is such a testament to how special he is. In fact, that probably went to his detriment as they never really got a super high draft pick. Anyways, give him this roster and they will be title contenders for the next 5 years.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I don't think he misses Charlotte. Kemba is a guy who gives back when he's appreciated by the fans, and they loved him there, so he loved them back. Well I can tell you Boston is thrilled to have him, and has more real hardcore Celtics fans than Charlotte will ever have. So there's a definite outpouring for Kemba in Boston already.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I like the Celts this year. Kanter is mailing it at times in during early season games, as he always does, but this team is in good shape for a deep playoff run. I thought the Celts were going to trade Hayward if he hadn't gotten hurt again, but I don't know what his trade value is now.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The rest of Brad's quote is choice too:

“I just told the team afterward, ‘If you want to be special, then model after Kemba,’” said Stevens as Walker finished with a team-high 22 points on 8-of-13 shooting to go along with seven assists. “Because Kemba sits over there (on the bench). Thinks his night’s done. Gets put back in the game. Drills three 3s and ends it.

“Special is not for everybody, but that’s just different. That’s just always ready. Always wanting to be called upon. Always loving to play. He’s not untying his shoes. He’s staying ready because he knows this game can change in a heartbeat.”

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I like the Celts this year. Kanter is mailing it at times in during early season games, as he always does, but this team is in good shape for a deep playoff run. I thought the Celts were going to trade Hayward if he hadn't gotten hurt again, but I don't know what his trade value is now.

If it helps him stay healthy late in the year, fine. And as long as it doesn't cost them games.

Why would they trade Hayward? He was balling before he got hurt.

Reaction Score
Yeah I don't know why that would have even been a consideration. He was back to All-Star form before the hand injury.
Maybe just about personnel? When you look at the roster they have a lot of insanely talented players who generally play the 1-2-3 and not a ton of talent at the 4 and 5

Reaction Score
Great stuff from Celtics blog.

What an extraordinary breath of fresh air Kemba brings to the Celtics. Kyrie leaving was the best thing that could have happened to the Celts, opening up cap space to sign Kemba (thank you Knicks for not being interested enough) and providing the unselfishness and leadership that Kyrie has seldom demonstrated. Remember, Kyrie wanted out of Cleveland because he thought he was Lebron's equal and could carry a team to great success, only to discover that what Lebron did and continues to do is extremely difficult. The team chemistry on this year's Celtic's team has taken a 180 degree turn from what is was under Kyrie's tenure and it shows in how they are playing.

Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom