Bracketville -- anyone remember? | The Boneyard

Bracketville -- anyone remember?

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
During the 2000 NCAAT, Nike sponsored a series of March Madness commercials. My favorite one isn't on YouTube, but I did find this one, featuring Kay Yow, a much younger Geno and Bob Huggins.

Remember this?

Reaction Score
I loved those commercials! I still have one of the T-Shirts -- the front has "Bracketville -- stay as long as you can" and the back has the actual bracket on it.
I also loved the NCAA women's ads featuring Joan Jett's rendition of the Mary Tyler Moore theme song "You're Gonna Make It After All" as well as the "Brick House" ad -- one of the players pictured in it was one of my favorites, Jamelle Elliott. (I remember Joan Jett actually attending one of the Midnight Madness events at Gampel -- when it actually started at midnight. Now I'm really aging myself.) ;-)

Reaction Score
Why do I remember Bracketville but not this commercial? Sigh.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I loved those commercials! I still have one of the T-Shirts -- the front has "Bracketville -- stay as long as you can" and the back has the actual bracket on it.
I also loved the NCAA women's ads featuring Joan Jett's rendition of the Mary Tyler Moore theme song "You're Gonna Make It After All" as well as the "Brick House" ad -- one of the players pictured in it was one of my favorites, Jamelle Elliott. (I remember Joan Jett actually attending one of the Midnight Madness events at Gampel -- when it actually started at midnight. Now I'm really aging myself.) ;-)

There was another one in that series that I really liked -- if I remember correctly, after the aerial view of the bracket, the camera zoomed in on a diner, and all the patrons were either filling out brackets or holding newspapers with bracket information while a waitress walked around, refilling coffee cups.

Those were really neat ads -- one almost got the impression that Bracketville was a real place!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom