Bracketology | The Boneyard

Bracketology

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I would love that draw if we were in a region with Iowa or Nova as the #1 seed. UNC will be a tough team this year even though they have been less than steller in the past couple of years

Reaction Score
I would love that draw if we were in a region with Iowa or Nova as the #1 seed. UNC will be a tough team this year even though they have been less than steller in the past couple of years

If we get stuck in the 8/9 game, my hope would be that Nova is the #1 in that regional. They are a good team no doubt, but we could beat them.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
We play a team with good guards we're going to struggle.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
We play a team with good guards we're going to struggle.
We'll have a tough time, but I'm more concerned about our offense than defense. Our defense is really coming together, and should only improve, especially when Brimah comes back to protect that back line from driving guards.
Even an average first half against Maryland (and arguably the best PG in the country in Trimble) and we are looking at likely a win with the way we played the second half. We were outscoring them by 14 at one point in the second half. I think our biggest struggle would be against a big team that can shoot the 3 consistently well.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
We are a team with good guards
Yea I wouldn't necessarily say that is our kryptonite. Truth is we can match up vs a lot of different teams. Just get in the field and we know as well as anybody what can happen from there.

This year is the most wide open it has been in years. I wouldn't be scared of any one team in any draw this season. If anything lowers seeds like we can potentially be will pose a big threat to some of these higher seeds

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

Why is UNC in the field???
I'm not slighting what SMU is accused of doing, but they sit and UNC plays?
The NCAA is fugged up
But UConn fans knew this

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
I'll take it,I think by years end will be a higher seed than that though.

Reaction Score
Why is UNC in the field???
I'm not slighting what SMU is accused of doing, but they sit and UNC plays?
The NCAA is fugged up
But UConn fans knew this

Not only has the NCAA given UNC a pass (by throwing other UNC programs under the bus for 2015/6); but, Raleigh is one of the regional sites for the 2016 Tournament also. Remember having to play UNC in Greensboro one year? Neutral court my arse.

UConn needs to avoid UNC in the first two rounds, which will be in Raleigh, and hope we get seeded in either Brooklyn or Providence, both of which would draw UConn fans by the hundreds. Brooklyn is more likely though this year because of Providence's current ranking and I doubt the Friars would want to play the Huskies at the Donut in the Dance even if they are the higher seed.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
Not only has the NCAA given UNC a pass (by throwing other UNC programs under the bus for 2015/6); but, Raleigh is one of the regional sites for the 2016 Tournament also. Remember having to play UNC in Greensboro one year? Neutral court my arse.

UConn needs to avoid UNC in the first two rounds, which will be in Raleigh, and hope we get seeded in either Brooklyn or Providence, both of which would draw UConn fans by the hundreds. Brooklyn is more likely though this year because of Providence's current ranking and I doubt the Friars would want to play the Huskies at the Donut in the Dance even if they are the higher seed.
I Don't think Providence can even play there in the dance

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I Don't think Providence can even play there in the dance

Providence cannot play at the Dunkin Donuts' Center in the NCAA's.

Reaction Score
Palm has Providence as a two seed. If we take care of business (meaning we don't lose to anybody we shouldn't lose to), we're probably looking at about a seven. Brooklyn and then Philadelphia? A man can dream.

Reaction Score
One step at a time. First, we need a draw...period. That is not a given at this point. Second, unless this team shows extraordinary growth, forget about a Kemba or Shabazz like miracle run. Those were miracles. That lightning struck twice for us is a miracle squared. On top of that, this team is a notch below either of those two. The website teamrankings.com has a solid power rating system and their website has a nice feature that allows you to see what a team's power rating was on any given day over something like the last 10 years or so. While this team isn't too far behind the Kemba or Shabazz championship teams, they are indeed behind those teams at the same point in the season.

Reaction Score
Wow only 2 AAC teams in with one(Tulsa) as a 12th seed and us as the only at large in the play in game. Our conference is getting even less respect this year. We better beat Cincy at home!

What other AAC team deserves a bid at this point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom