Bracketology - week of Feb 12th | The Boneyard

Bracketology - week of Feb 12th

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Last CC bracket before the first reveal later this week. Gonzaga out of top 16, welcome Oregon State.
Forget Super Sunday. We had Shakeup Sunday. Upsets and big performances created major changes within the top 16. Ohio State, winner of 11 wins in a row, is the newest No. 1 seed after its rout of Michigan State and Iowa's loss at Nebraska. Oregon State, the other big mover, is now in position to be a host school as a No. 4 seed. The Beavers went from No. 22 in the NET to No. 17 after a sweep at Utah and Colorado, the most impressive consecutive road wins of any team in the country this season. They are 4-0 against the mountain schools. With UCLA and USC visiting Corvallis this weekend, Oregon State is in position to lock down a top-four NCAA tournament seed. This after being the next-to-last at-large team in our preseason bracket and picked to finish 10th in the conference by the Pac-12 coaches.
1707847353583.png

1707847378469.png

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
If it happens, I would enjoy seeing VT against SoCar. Also UCLA vs LSU.

Reaction Score
Although not in Albany, this a very favorable bracket for UConn, In my opinion anyway. I’d rather be a 3 here than a 2 in any other bracket.

Reaction Score
It could be very interesting for UConn with IA, NoCar St, & NoCar in the Portland 4 Regional!
The hot team to look out for is Oregon State at #4!
Also in Albany 3 is potential Utah vs The OSU and UCLA vs the winner of that match-up!

Reaction Score
Other than South Carolina, UConn can hang with most other top teams on a good day. Given all the hype around Iowa, I'm not worried about facing them in the NCAAs. With a little bit of luck and favorable brackets, it's not inconceivable that UConn will get to Elite 8 or Final Four this year.

It's a bit disappointing to see very little growth in the games of Q and Ice. They both (especially Ice) are reluctant to drive or operate in the paint. Q seemed to possess the kind of athleticism that Griffin has, but she doesn't bang the boards like Aubrey.

I'm sure they'll get better with years but a little more contribution from them would've put us comfortably in the upper echelons of rankings.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Aaannnnd here's The Athletic's bracket, with different headers (Albany 1 & 2, Portland 1 & 2)

(still not able to post graphics, sorry)

Albany 1 Albany 2 Portland 1 Portland 2
1 S Carolina UCLA NCSU Stanford
2 Kansas St Ohio St Iowa Texas
3 USC Gonzaga Colorado LSU
4 VA Tech UConn Oregon St Indiana

Reaction Score
UConn as a three in this Region would be a fantastic place for them to be. They match up with almost every team in the bracket and would have a great chance to make the Final 4. They will struggle with the bigger teams or even teams with bigger guards but if they can match up they will have a legit chance. If you are going to be the best small team in the country you want to be in a Region with small teams if you can.

Reaction Score
I opened this thread expecting to see us as a 4 seed. This has been an incredibly challenging year. Getting to S16 or better would represent a successful year, for me, considering the Injuries, which I hope are in our rear view mirror,

Reaction Score
All I want is for UConn NOT to be in the Portland bracket, because I bought tickets to all the Albany games as a retirement present for my mom.

Lupita Nyongo Please GIF by Ovation TV

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Aaannnnd here's The Athletic's bracket, with different headers (Albany 1 & 2, Portland 1 & 2)

(still not able to post graphics, sorry)

Albany 1 Albany 2 Portland 1 Portland 2
1 S Carolina UCLA NCSU Stanford
2 Kansas St Ohio St Iowa Texas
3 USC Gonzaga Colorado LSU
4 VA Tech UConn Oregon St Indiana
Graphics attached, per my usual format.
Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 10.28.35 AM.jpg

Reaction Score
Expect UConn to do better in the first game during each 2-game sets in the NCAAs. The starters will be relatively more rested after a 4-day break. Overtime games may also be hard to overcome for this team if it’s the first game.

The skill level of starters on this team is on par with most of the top teams, it’s just that have a very inexperienced and short bench.

The only team that is really scary is South Carolina, if we avoid them until the finals, with some luck, we could reach the championship game!

Reaction Score
Only problem is that uconn is 3rd in the net rankings not 5th. Why can't Charlie get it right.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom