Bracketology update -- I like this one! (NC St is our #2) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bracketology update -- I like this one! (NC St is our #2)

Reaction Score
Related article "What we know, what's still up in the air".

He mentions that 6 teams still have a chance at a 1 seed when thus far in his 10 releases of Bracketology for this season there have only ever been 5 different teams listed as a 1 seed.

Mississippi St. has always been a 2 seed and Louisville is the only team that has always been a 1 seed.

Ironically Mississippi St. were a 1 seed in the Women's Basketball Committee's first reveal 2 weeks ago on 11 Feb.

Reaction Score
Is the committee revealing their seeds (as of) today, during the Monday games?

Reaction Score
I think everyone, including the committee, realizes that Mississippi State is better than their RPI. They were given a 1 seed in the first reveal for a reason. I know they lost since then, but I really doubt that would drop them below number 6 or so overall. Certainly they are still ranked ahead of Stanford or NC State, who appear to be the current contenders for the the last spots on the 2 line.
Haha. I think YOU “realize” Mississippi State is better than their RPI. If they’re so good why did they lose to unranked Missouri? You are what your RPI says you are (apologies to Bill Parcels).

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think everyone, including the committee, realizes that Mississippi State is better than their RPI. They were given a 1 seed in the first reveal for a reason. I know they lost since then, but I really doubt that would drop them below number 6 or so overall. Certainly they are still ranked ahead of Stanford or NC State, who appear to be the current contenders for the the last spots on the 2 line.
Not suggesting they would drop below six, just saying that with their RPI they have a hard time making an arguement for moving into a #1 seed unless ND or Louisville loses unexpectedly. And they have a hard time I think displacing the Pac12 winner as long as either Stanford or Oregon doesn't lose again before that game. I think their high is first #2 seed, and their low is second #2 seed IF everyone (including them) wins out until the conference tournament finals/through the finals.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom