BRACKETOLOGY: UCONN replaces Texas as a #1 seed | The Boneyard

BRACKETOLOGY: UCONN replaces Texas as a #1 seed

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Charlie is waking up to reality. But he is still not a true believer.
"Whether UConn can handle its extremely challenging nonconference schedule is still to be determined, but the Huskies, despite their injuries, got a big win Monday."

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Part of me says, "well at least Charlie is trying to promote WCBB and generate discussion" and the other part of me is saying "does this guy watch any of these games as to why he ranks teams where he does? Seton Hall has a veteran team now and despite last night's loss to Princeton, they should easily make the NCAA tournament. To me, in the 2nd week, the Big East has 4 teams that look good-UConn (duh!), Villanova, Creighton and Seton Hall. Peripherally, Marquette and DePaul have work to do.

Also saying South Dakata State is a "last 4 in" is also a disservice to them.

Color me highly skeptical on Florida State, Virginia, Oregon State, Georgia Tech, Duke, as well as Arkansas being listed twice as a 7 seed in Ames and Bloomington!

Reaction Score
These rankings are not indicative of any team in November. True, the top ranked teams will be high in the tournament , but the lower rated teams are all speculative at best, Some will disappear and others will go higher and new teams will appear as they get better and rise in the rankings. All this posting is just that, something to post when there is nothing else to post about. Time will tell. GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
"Whether UConn can handle its extremely challenging nonconference schedule is still to be determined, but the Huskies, despite their injuries, got a big win Monday."

The statement in bold quotes is fair enough.

Reaction Score
This is a more reasonable bracket -- not a high bar given what went before. Iowa still looks like a dubious pick for a #1 seed, but I'm not sure who to put in their place. Louisville? ND? In any case, it looks like they won't get a real test until December when they play NC St. Though I can picture Belmont giving them a challenge.

Reaction Score

Yeah, once again we see the subtle ways ESPN diminishes UConn. In their article about how UConn and Iowa are replacing Tennessee and Texas, they replace the Tennessee player with Clark but leave the Texas player there rather than putting Azzi in the picture. They must be absolutely steaming at UConn’s ascendancy (once again) over their darling Tennessee (I could have told them that was fool’s gold) and Texas (a legitimate pick)! Wish I could have been a fly on their wall while Tennessee was being dismantled! I bet their faces were priceless!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
If the Huskies win their next 3 games vs #10 NC St, Duke & likely opponent #4 Iowa, the top 3 teams will look very familiar. SC, Stanford & UConn will once again be on top with every other team in WBB chasing them.

Reaction Score
Charlie dropped Creighton down to the fourth line. This Bracketology was updated on the 15th at 9:30am. Game between #20 Creighton vs #22 Nebraska was played on same night, won by Creighton, Charlie will have to adjust Creighton all over again.

Reaction Score
It's no secret that ESPN does not care for UConn. I thought Charlies comments were very typical of him. He has always been speculative as to whether or not UConn will win it all again.

Reaction Score
Kudos to Charlie Creme for posting these "way too early" Women's College Basketball Bracketologies. It is interesting to see drastic seedings changes each week throughout the season & it encourages fierce debates among devoted fans.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Ya'll are taking Creme's bracketology way too serious. His thoughts and opinions mean NOTHING!!

And can someone explain how ESPN hates UCONN
I'm trying to figure out when "bracketology" transitioned from being a late-season projection based on actual results to a whimsical dartboard guess at how everyone's season will go.

Evidently, ESPN made it a year-round clickbait staple because — as evidenced on this thread and many others — fans get VERY riled up over what amounts to a preseason (or way-too-early-in-the-season) ranking of 50-ish teams assembled into bracket format.

Reaction Score
Ya'll are taking Creme's bracketology way too serious. His thoughts and opinions mean NOTHING!!

And can someone explain how ESPN hates UCONN
Let me finish your thought process,

can someone explain how ESPN hates UCONN...after all ESPN did to bring Maya Moore to UConn. :D

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Charlie Creme's not-so-educated opinions are good click bait for his employer. They have little to do with reality. His prejudices are so obvious that he has won the circumflex of the week award. Until he publishes his next risible guestimates, he will be entitled to call himself Crêmê.

sun

Reaction Score
What good are the AP & other polls if they can't be applied to the brackets?
The pro sports have fantasy leagues for the fans to play.
At least Charlie is adding some fun to the sport by trying to predict some top teams in real time as the season unfolds, as well as sleeper teams that are still under the radar.
Where would we be without ESPN & Rebecca Lobo?
I'm proud that it was founded in CT, and ESPN also owns:

• Longhorn Network
  • SEC Network
  • ACC Network
  • Big 12 Network

Reaction Score
The only poll ever worth paying attention to is the Coaches Poll.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
The primary goal of ESPN's digital arm is to get clicks. After years of UConn dominance, I'd bet a lot that they get more clicks on articles where they have negative things to say about UConn than positive ones. Other fan bases don't want to read the positive and the UConn fans will devour anything that connects back to the team.

Some of y'all want to take it personally when it's aaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll about money.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom