Bracketology UConn as a #1 Seed. | The Boneyard

Bracketology UConn as a #1 Seed.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score

Notre Dame as a #9 Seed.

Don't know what criteria that Charlie used to determine his seedings. Is it by reputation that he has UConn as a #1 Seed. The team makeup and how they've played so far doen't warrant them as a #1 Seed.

Reaction Score

Notre Dame as a #9 Seed.

Don't know what criteria that Charlie used to determine his seedings. Is it by reputation that he has UConn as a #1 Seed. The team makeup and how they've played so far doen't warrant them as a #1 Seed.
And the 4 teams ahead of them are ?
(I hope you're not including Stanford, with their overtime win, ar home, against an unranked Gonzaga team)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The team makeup and how they've played so far doen't warrant them as a #1 Seed.
I am not sure how you come to either conclusion. UConn starts the best pair of guards in the country. Liv is already a force in the paint and by the time March roles around will be one of the best centers in the nation. Meg is playing at an AA level. While Anna & Aubrey continue to get better each game, they already lead UConn in assists and steals respectively. Kyla has clearly demonstrated that she can be counted on for depth up front. That gives UConn at least 7 talented players including an abundance of athleticism, sufficient size & experience and the ability to score.

As far as criticism of how the Huskies have played so far, I strongly suggest that you look at how all the other teams have played so far, that you might believe will get to the FF ahead of UConn. All have struggled one or more times against inferior opponents while getting fat on wins vs mid-majors and cupcakes. UConn is the only team in the nation with three victories over solid P-5 teams along with a conference win.

I picked UConn to get back to their 13th straight FF prior to the start of the season and nothing that’s happened since the start of the season has changed my mind in the slightest.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Yes, I'd put Stanford above UConn. Gonzaga is probably a better team then the 4 that UConn has played. In the same region Charlie has So Carolina as the #2 Seed, that's who I would have put as the #1 Seed since they beat Maryland.

And the 4 teams ahead of them are ?
(I hope you're not including Stanford with their overtime win, ar home, against an unranked Gonzaga team)

Reaction Score
Yes, I'd put Stanford above UConn. Gonzaga is probably a better team then the 4 that UConn has played. In the same region Charlie has So Carolina as the #2 Seed, that's who I would have put as the #1 Seed since they beat Maryland.
While I agree that Gonzaga is a better team than any UConn has played so far, Stanford easily could have lost that game on multiple occasions. Not an impressive win at all.
One point the other way and Stanford wouldn't be in the final four discussion at all, at this point.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Baylor, Oregon and Oregon State has played no one to be a #1 seed. Baylor struggled against USF at home (without Cox I know) and I am not buying the hype about them. UConn can win the National Championship. We have players that can match up with every top team in the country. We may not have a deep bench like other top teams in the country, but when those top teams play other top teams they won’t go deep to there bench. Baylor played only 7 against USF and Oregon will do the same. Both of those teams will be beaten by UConn at home.

Reaction Score
Baylor, Oregon and Oregon State has played no one to be a #1 seed. Baylor struggled against USF at home (without Cox I know) and I am not buying the hype about them. UConn can win the National Championship. We have players that can match up with every top team in the country. We may not have a deep bench like other top teams in the country, but when those top teams play other top teams they won’t go deep to there bench. Baylor played only 7 against USF and Oregon will do the same. Both of those teams will be beaten by UConn at home.
By your logic, no team should be a #1 seed. Charlie Creme should have left off the #1 seeds and started with #2 or #3 seeds. The bracketology will be worthy of publishing after the holiday tournaments complete.

Reaction Score
By your logic, no team should be a #1 seed. Charlie Creme should have left off the #1 seeds and started with #2 or #3 seeds. The bracketology will be worthy of publishing after the holiday tournaments complete.
Bracketolgy is for fan forums and the fans. It is like publishing numbers for the lottery before the drawing and thinking they may be the right ones. Does it mean anything

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Bracketolgy is for fan forums and the fans. It is like publishing numbers for the lottery before the drawing and thinking they may be the right ones. Does it mean anything
I agree. But it will sure generate a lot of dialogue on the Boneyard as the end of the season approaches.

Reaction Score
Maybe Charlie is using this "criteria", better than anything I have heard up to now.

1574446331954.png

Reaction Score

Notre Dame as a #9 Seed.

How about Baylor, who have they played and do they warrant a #1 seed?

Reaction Score
There's Oregon and then everyone else. I cant remember such a dominant team. They beat Team USA for goodness sake. I peg UConn as a 2-seed. They just dont have the talent/depth this year as in years past. But, who knows come Tourney time. The basketball gods owe UConn some luck after what's happened the last 3 years.

Reaction Score

Notre Dame as a #9 Seed.

Creme's criteria is whatever produces the most clicks (within reason). :rolleyes:

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
As mentioned already, it’s Oregon and everybody else right now. But ‘right now’ is so early that many teams don’t even have a clear identity yet.

Although we aren’t a truly dominant team, we are on a very nice upswing and against UVA, we showed that we can be dominant *in stretches* — which is a start.

Can it continue ????

Tune in next time, for ......the next iteration of Husky Bball!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Actually it depends on what is meant by memory. For example, I can remember elite teams in all sports from the past based purely on name recognition ( who comprised those teams ) but I do not remember specific games or performances they put on. That would pertain to remembering how dominant those teams were with respect to their competition. In any respect, some people also just have short memories or they have not been following WCBB that long.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom