Bracketology This Week | The Boneyard

Bracketology This Week

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Bracketology with Charlie Creme

When looking at the Match Ups the Bridgeport and Stockton Regions are the toughest for the #1 Seeds.

Bridgeport: Washington or Maryland are tough outs for UConn for them to get to Final Four.
Stockton: Florida St and maybe Texas would be tough for Miss St to beat to get to Final Four.
Okla City: No Competition for Baylor from any team.
Lexington: While So Carolina can be beaten in this region, IMO if they lose it will because they play poorly.

Reaction Score
Bracketology with Charlie Creme

When looking at the Match Ups the Bridgeport and Stockton Regions are the toughest for the #1 Seeds.

Bridgeport: Washington or Maryland are tough outs for UConn for them to get to Final Four.
Stockton: Florida St and maybe Texas would be tough for Miss St to beat to get to Final Four.
Okla City: No Competition for Baylor from any team.
Lexington: While So Carolina can be beaten in this region, IMO if they lose it will because they play poorly.

I hope Miss St doesn't end up in Bridgeport. They've got a score to settle ...and they're looking pretty good ...with miles to go before they sleep! :eek:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Those are Charlie's predictions, but 2 things. First, way more hoops to be played. Second, no way would the committee "reward" UCONN by putting 3 seed Maryland in their bracket.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Maryland's closest Region is Bridgeport. I'll be shocked if Maryland isn't in UConn's Bracket unless they get a #1 Seed which is unlikely.

Those are Charlie's predictions, but 2 things. First, way more hoops to be played. Second, no way would the committee "reward" UCONN by putting 3 seed Maryland in their bracket.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
That first committee reveal was interesting, but with MD likely to win out and a bunch of the teams in front of them adding 2 or more losses, I just don't see MD as anything lower than a high two seed. I don't care if those losses come against top teams and are considered 'good', a team with 4+ losses vs. MD with one loss to UConn ...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
That first committee reveal was interesting, but with MD likely to win out and a bunch of the teams in front of them adding 2 or more losses, I just don't see MD as anything lower than a high two seed. I don't care if those losses come against top teams and are considered 'good', a team with 4+ losses vs. MD with one loss to UConn ...

Definitely pulling for Ohio State in their matchup with Maryland. First one to 100 wins that game. Shame on the Big 10 for only scheduling them once in the regular season.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Definitely pulling for Ohio State in their matchup with Maryland. First one to 100 wins that game. Shame on the Big 10 for only scheduling them once in the regular season.
With all the leagues becoming so big, the unbalanced schedules are a real problem. The alternative is worse of course with the OOC being seriously curtailed. At least with the tournaments the best teams in the conferences usually end up playing twice even if they are not scheduled in the reg season. And of course it got a little over the top with UConn/ND playing four times per year for three years running.
But SC/Miss St, and SC/TN being one offs or Duke/ND, etc. as well as MD/Ohio St it does hurt with the home team being advantaged.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Charliw is saying Maryland seeding is hurt by a down-cycle Big 10, but that was not going to be a surprise to anyone. Net, net, Brenda chose the more than crème-puff OOC schedule and now is living with the consequences. Charlie: " Sure, Brenda Frese probably under-scheduled given her talent, but the Big Ten hasn't given her team any opportunity to make up significant ground in the strength of schedule metric the way ACC and SEC teams typically do." Weak Big Ten continues to hurt Terps

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Would love to see a UCONN vs Maryland match-up in the regional finals. Washington would not have a shot at beating UCONN, IMO.

Reaction Score
Maryland could beat any of the teams that are 2 seeds. However, with SC losing, and more upsets on the way, nobody will know until the conference tournaments are finished.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Would love to see a UCONN vs Maryland match-up in the regional finals. Washington would not have a shot at beating UCONN, IMO.

That's funny, I was just thinking that it should be Baylor-Maryland in the Elite 8.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Why not Lexington?

Last year Maryland was also a #2 seed and was sent to Lexington, not Bridgeport.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom