Bracketology - Not Charlie Creme's | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bracketology - Not Charlie Creme's

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I hope there is a USC (the real one) vs USColumbia matchup somewhere in the tourney... The winner gets to use the USC moniker until the next time their schools meet on an athletic field/floor :rolleyes:

Maybe im just particular... but I hate when people refer to USColumbia as USC... or Carolina :mad:

Anyway..... as long as Duke isnt in a region with either UCONN or ND (Notre Dame) i'll be happy.

Reaction Score
I think that if UCONN got into foul trouble that USC has the players to cause some worry. Not sure if you have watched them but they really do have some very good players on that team. They definitely have some length and athleticism to match up physically. Don't sell them short.

I am not selling USC short, but who have they beaten that is any good? North Carolina who beat them got crushed by Notre Dame and Tennessee. I'm not worried about UCONN getting into foul trouble. No UCONN player fouled out this year.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I hope there is a USC (the real one) vs USColumbia matchup somewhere in the tourney... The winner gets to use the USC moniker until the next time their schools meet on an athletic field/floor :rolleyes:

Maybe im just particular... but I hate when people refer to USColumbia as USC... or Carolina :mad:

Anyway..... as long as Duke isnt in a region with either UCONN or ND (Notre Dame) i'll be happy.

The REAL USC(WOT) played and lost to Columbia USC back in November. That of course was before the REAL USC was playing like the current REAL USC.
Fight On!!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

In that case, USC it is for the next three or four weeks.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
This is the first year ever that I've paid more attention to the women's "bracketology" than the men's. That being said... the most exciting hour in the whole year is only 15 minutes away

:)

In that case, USC it is for the next three or four weeks.

You do realize the real BU is up in Boston, not in central Texas ;)

Now that I think about it... I never heard Baylor referred to as BU anywhere else but here on the boneyard.

I'd also enjoy possibly meeting UNC as well. Not a team in UCONN's bracket I see coming within 20 points but it would be fun to watch. I still think the Tennessee and Stanford brackets need to be swapped - a potential final 4 of Tennessee vs. UCONN and Stanford vs. ND is better.

I didnt realize the Univ of Northern Colorado earned a bid this year... or are they gonna be an at-large selection :p

Reaction Score
I would not want to meet S Carolina. I still think Baylor ends up in the Stanford region. UT vs Louisville would be fun.
I think that SC would actually be a pretty good matchup in UCONN'S favor. SC has had the advantage over most of the SEC because of their frontcourt play (and no, I'm not forgetting Tiffany). I think UCONN's frontcourt is a lot stronger than SCs and they would win by 15+.

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
These brackets and Creme's display little variation and are laudably equitable, with one troubling discrepancy, when using the latest AP Poll as an independent measure equitability.

Well, that was an interesting analysis but I think you're starting from a flawed premise. The AP poll is an independent measure of teams, it's just not a very good one.

Reaction Score
I already know that, but thanks.
I agree with you Coler ef Charlie Creme's anti AAC brackets. Duke is someone I'd like in the wings myself!! Anyone say exposed? Mention RUWBB people get nervous(triadduke?). See the Mens snub of SMU tonight? Next year what for the AAC WBB? A 1 bid league?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I agree with you Coler ef Charlie Creme's anti AAC brackets. Duke is someone I'd like in the wings myself!! Anyone say exposed? Mention RUWBB people get nervous(triadduke?). See the Mens snub of SMU tonight? Next year what for the AAC WBB? A 1 bid league?

:rolleyes:

Actually the only time I ever got nervous about RU WBB was with about 1 minute to go in the Sweet 16 matchup in Greensboro :oops:

But I will say..... the RU women's team would have a better chance of defeating the Duke women's team than the RU men's team would :confused:

Reaction Score
I am not selling USC short, but who have they beaten that is any good? North Carolina who beat them got crushed by Notre Dame and Tennessee. I'm not worried about UCONN getting into foul trouble. No UCONN player fouled out this year.
Just to be precise......

I think your overall point is valid. Uconn players don't foul a lot. But in fact, UConn players fouled out twice, that I am aware of (banks once and MoJeff once). There may have been others, but those are the only ones I know of. And yes, it's not a lot, but it is not "none."

Reaction Score
Just to be precise.

I think your overall point is valid. Uconn players don't foul a lot. But in fact, UConn players fouled out twice, that I am aware of (banks once and MoJeff once). There may have been others, but those are the only ones I know of. And yes, it's not a lot, but it is not "none."

Your right! As you get older you're memory starts to go.

Reaction Score
Well, that was an interesting analysis but I think you're starting from a flawed premise. The AP poll is an independent measure of teams, it's just not a very good one.
And yet both sets of brackets and the AP voters agree precisely on who the top sixteen teams are. There is no team in the AP top 16 seeded lower than a 4. The outlier appears to be AP #5 West Virginia, a three seed in Charlie and a four seed in Not-Charlie. Even there, I believe the latest AP vote had been taken prior to the WVU/Baylor Big12 championship so the bracketologists had more information than AP voters.

Rankings for Creme's Brackets
#1 seeds are ranked 1,2,4,6
#2 seeds are ranked 3,7,8,9
#3 seeds are ranked 5,10,13,15
#4 seeds are ranked 11,12,14,16

Rankings for Not-Charlie Brackets
#1 seeds are ranked 1,2,4,6
#2 seeds are ranked 3,7,8,9
#3 seeds are ranked 11,13,14,15
#4 seeds are ranked 5,10,12,16

Last edited:
Reaction Score
triaddukefan, post: 882733, member: 378"]:rolleyes:

Actually the only time I ever got nervous about RU WBB was with about 1 minute to go in the Sweet 16 matchup in Greensboro :oops:

But I will say..... the RU women's team would have a better chance of defeating the Duke women's team than the RU men's team would :confused:[/quote]
Is Dook still a P5 school? I hope they can maintain that status when all the changes shake out? Good luck getting to the elite 8 this year tduke.>>>update edit>sorry you didn't deserve that triaDuke it could have been anybody im my frustration....you guys are amazing at your school size and get much respect here in Jersey!! I wish youz luck in the tourney.

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Would love that bracket for UCONN. Lot's of teams we've haven't played this year or much at all in any year. Prairie View, Vandy, UNC, S. Carolina/Nebraska. That would be fun.

Reaction Score
Would love that bracket for UCONN. Lot's of teams we've haven't played this year or much at all in any year. Prairie View, Vandy, UNC, S. Carolina/Nebraska. That would be fun.
Yes I would have loved to seen that esp USCe and NC but Vandy should be in WNiT and I think RU would handle Neb even on their HC but I'm biased.Unbelievable the lack of respect the AAC gets men or WBB!! Our top 4/5 would do fine in any conference......the ACC's damn good but Cuse at a high seed(6) over RU/USF=out and L'ville a 3 seed? What am I missing? ECU..out? Did BG get in?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01