Bracket repeats | The Boneyard

Bracket repeats

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I'm sure this has been discussed in the past, but with Kentucky potentially looming, along with ND, do you think the committee will reconsider the S-curve and other things (travel) before putting together a bracket again next year that has a ton of reruns? There were a few articles about Idaho getting sent east and another team getting sent far away. Either you are concerned about the student athlete and travel time, or you are not?

Reaction Score
The problem is the top programs schedule each other. Since they are the top programs, they are likely going to get deeper into the tournament. It is pretty hard for the committee to come up with brackets where the top seeds haven't played at least one, probably more, of the top seeds in any bracket.

Reaction Score
The problem is the top programs schedule each other. Since they are the top programs, they are likely going to get deeper into the tournament. It is pretty hard for the committee to come up with brackets where the top seeds haven't played at least one, probably more, of the top seeds in any bracket.

I think the problem is more so that Uconn will be playing Kentucky in the regional final and ND in the national semifinal assuming they get past MD first.

It is one thing to have rematches like against MD from the regular season, but another thing to be playing an identical path to the NCAA Championship year after year.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think it is just too hard for the committee to take everything into account, and last years match-ups are pretty low on the list of things to worry about. I do think complaints about teams playing against the same team in the same year for a 4th time before the final 4 are valid. It hasn't happened often, but Baylor had that with A&M two years ago and Uconn had it with Rutgers a while back. I think there might have been the potential for it happening a few more times as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom