Bracket Match | The Boneyard

Bracket Match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-col...e-joe-lunardi-bracket-math-college-basketball

For those who do not have Insider he has us the 33rd team, which is a 9th team.

Also, there was some clown who said our OOC was terrible and has only 2 NCAA tournament teams on it.

Well he has 5 in and Dayton in the first 4 out.

2-Duke
7-Texas
21-West Virginia
43-Florida
46-Stanford

Right now the AAC is a 1 bid league with SMU in the first four out.

Reaction Score
If we lose to Duke then have to beat both Florida which is weak this year and Stanford on the road to get in plus dominate league play. Loses to any conference teams not named SMU will for sure knock us out.

Reaction Score
How is this not true? Teams in the AAC are so weak and their RPI soo low that a loss would be devastating if you add the Yale loss.

If we lose to Duke, Florida and Stanford plus lose to any other team in the AAC thats not SMU or Cincy (forgot Cincy before), you think UConn can still get into the tounry not wininng the conf tourney? Thats optimistic. This aint the old Big East where we can lose to weak conference teams and be okay.

Reaction Score
It is time to bring back the daze of Wes B, Big O, Jerry W, Elgin B., Wilt, Pete M et al.
The sledteam needs offense.

Time has come for a minimum of 20 fg attempts per game for newrip.

Everyone else-get the h out of the way

Coppin, Columbia, Central: use as lab to determine if newrip is now able to score minimum of 30ppg

Reaction Score
How is this not true? Teams in the AAC are so weak and their RPI soo low that a loss would be devastating if you add the Yale loss.

If we lose to Duke, Florida and Stanford plus lose to any other team in the AAC thats not SMU, you think UConn can still get into the tounry not wininng the conf tourney? Thats optimistic. This aint the old Big East where we can lose to a weak conference teams and be okay.
That is not what you wrote.

You said if we lose to Duke we have to beat Florida and Stanford and cannot lose to anyone but SMU in the conference. That is wrong.

Yale's RPI is 42. It is not devastating.

Under your scenario you are saying 24-6 with losses to Texas and Yale on buzzer beaters, and to Duke, SMU, WVU and say Stanford is not a tournament team.

But hey half this board said there was no chance we made the tournament last year after we lost to Houston and SMU, so I guess this is par for the course

Reaction Score
That is not what you wrote.

You said if we lose to Duke we have to beat Florida and Stanford and cannot lose to anyone but SMU in the conference. That is wrong.

Yale's RPI is 42. It is not devastating.

Under your scenario you are saying 24-6 with losses to Texas and Yale on buzzer beaters, and to Duke, SMU, WVU and say Stanford is not a tournament team.

But hey half this board said there was no chance we made the tournament last year after we lost to Houston and SMU, so I guess this is par for the course

Yes thats exactly what I'm saying. A 24-6 team in a horrid conference with not one signature OOC win? What wouldd be the signature wins? Buzzer beaters are loses dude, plain an simple, loses on our home court. Yale RPI, seriously?? Once they play league play that will drop quickly.

Last year we had beaten a top Florida team already plus the conference was much much better than this year.

Reaction Score
http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-col...e-joe-lunardi-bracket-math-college-basketball

For those who do not have Insider he has us the 33rd team, which is a 9th team.

Also, there was some clown who said our OOC was terrible and has only 2 NCAA tournament teams on it.

Well he has 5 in and Dayton in the first 4 out.

2-Duke
7-Texas
21-West Virginia
43-Florida
46-Stanford

Right now the AAC is a 1 bid league with SMU in the first four out.

Your the ducking clown. Go back to the chain Douch* bag. I said "guaranteed" teams. Florida and Stanford are not GUARANTEED tournament teams. They are bubble teams. You're just proving your own ignorance.

Reaction Score
This guy is such a fool… "buzzer beater losses" What is a "buzzer beater loss?" Is the committee supposed to give that more weight than a normal loss? Just stop talking.

Reaction Score
That was indeed ridiculous, but you can't compare seasons because last season we also had 6 wins against ranked opponents to offset those WTF losses, and we still ended up with a 7 seed. Neither SMU, nor Memphis, nor Cincy are ranked this year, and Puke is currently our only shot at getting a ranked win.

So yes, there is unquestionably less wiggle room this year.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Jerry will call me a moron (again) for backing him up with this, but...

http://www.rpiforecast.com/teams/Connecticut.html

We'd be somewhere in the 50's RPI and 19-11 as predicted between a combination of RPI and sagarin. That's with forecasted L's against, at least, dook, @Florida, @ Stanford, @Cincy, @SMU.

In short, we have a little wiggle room, and a couple of road W's would help a ton.

Reaction Score
Simple logic clearly misses Jerry.. So we can lose all of our OOC games and still make the tournament with this conference schedule?……. No. Look where our RPI is currently.. That's going to drop like a stone when conference play starts.

Reaction Score
Simple logic clearly misses Jerry.. So we can lose all of our OOC games and still make the tournament with this conference schedule?……. No. Look where our RPI is currently.. That's going to drop like a stone when conference play starts.
Not what I said, but you read as well as you man up on your bets.

Reaction Score
That was indeed ridiculous, but you can't compare seasons because last season we also had 6 wins against ranked opponents to offset those WTF losses, and we still ended up with a 7 seed. Neither SMU, nor Memphis, nor Cincy are ranked this year, and Puke is currently our only shot at getting a ranked win.

So yes, there is unquestionably less wiggle room this year.
I agree the conference is no where near where it was last year.

But it is also December, so who knows where a lot of these teams will be in 4 months.

If we lose to Stanford, Florida and Duke I agree our conference schedule leaves us little room down the stretch, but wins over Florida and Stanford and a lost to Duke I think we are in fine shape with a decent margin for error.

Reaction Score
Your the ing clown. Go back to the chain Douch* bag. I said "guaranteed" teams. Florida and Stanford are not GUARANTEED tournament teams. They are bubble teams. You're just proving your own ignorance.
You said 2, he has 5 in with one close. What about WVU?

I said I would bet you 4 would make it. You said you would bet me anything.

Then I gave a number and a way to do it, and you backed off and never responded.

Typical internet tough guy.

Reaction Score
You said 2, he has 5 in with one close. What about WVU?

I said I would bet you 4 would make it. You said you would bet me anything.

Then I gave a number and a way to do it, and you backed off and never responded.

Typical internet tough guy.

Again JO, how do you plan on "betting me over the internet" You still never solved that problem. You also said 5 teams "guaranteed" in. Florida with a 3-4 record currently is not IN. Just because Joe Lunardi says so does not make it fact. How many losing teams at the end of the season get automatic bids?

Reaction Score
Yes thats exactly what I'm saying. A 24-6 team in a horrid conference with not one signature OOC win? What wouldd be the signature wins? Buzzer beaters are loses dude, plain an simple, loses on our home court. Yale RPI, seriously?? Once they play league play that will drop quickly.

Last year we had beaten a top Florida team already plus the conference was much much better than this year.

Sorry Candyman , Jerry has a point for sure. 24-6 - we're in. I don't care which way you write it down in wins that's a winner. Problem is that will be very difficult to achieve I believe for this particular squad.

Reaction Score
Again JO, how do you plan on "betting me over the internet" You still never solved that problem. You also said 5 teams "guaranteed" in. Florida with a 3-4 record currently is not IN. Just because Joe Lunardi says so does not make it fact. How many losing teams at the end of the season get automatic bids?
Jeez, English has to be your second language.

I said specifically, I bet you 4 teams or more make it in. Period. That means come March, not today, and the word guarantee has no use here, that if 4 or more teams make the NCAAT I win. That simple, it is not hard.

I told you how to do it, 3rd party account, if you are scared and can only use this place to run your mouth and call people morons that's fine, shy away, but if you are a man of your word and can put money where your mouth is, lets do it.

Reaction Score
Jeez, English has to be your second language.

I said specifically, I bet you 4 teams or more make it in. Period. That means come March, not today, and the word guarantee has no use here, that if 4 or more teams make the NCAAT I win. That simple, it is not hard.

I told you how to do it, 3rd party account, if you are scared and can only use this place to run your mouth and call people morons that's fine, shy away, but if you are a man of your word and can put money where your mouth is, lets do it.

Lol. I'm the one who said We have "2 GUARANTEED OOC tournament teams on our schedule" And I stand by that. You said we have 5. Please go back and check the chain. Please tell me how a "3rd party account" works? Do you even know WTF you're talking about? So we're just supposed to put money in a paypal account? Who oversees it? You? lol. Please tell me the logistics of this.. would love to hear your brilliant idea.

Reaction Score
Lol. I'm the one who said We have "2 GUARANTEED OOC tournament teams on our schedule" And I stand by that. You said we have 5. Please go back and check the chain. Please tell me how a "3rd party account" works? Do you even know WTF you're talking about? So we're just supposed to put money in a paypal account? Who oversees it? You? lol. Please tell me the logistics of this.. would love to hear your brilliant idea.

What makes anything you say the fn Gospel according to 999? Why don't you try to communicate rather than you're arrogant assholic responses?

Jerry's points are simple to understand to me, yours as well. You both have ideas on how the schedule will play out and I'm in the middle. I'm worried about where we stand but only because of what we've seen thus far and what we haven't. Long way to go - relax pal!

Reaction Score
You really just are not very bright.

I will link the thread for you so you can reference it: http://the-boneyard.com/threads/memphis.69001/page-2

3rd party paypal account of a mod or someone who has been on the site for a while and is trusted. Very simple, done it before.

Just admit you do not want to do it, that is fine, but stop making excuses and trying to defend yourself.

Reaction Score

I will link the thread for you so you can reference it: http://the-boneyard.com/threads/memphis.69001/page-2

3rd party paypal account of a mod or someone who has been on the site for a while and is trusted. Very simple, done it before.

Just admit you do not want to do it, that is fine, but stop making excuses and trying to defend yourself.

I can be trusted to invest wisely until March/April!! ;)........lots of Super Bowl pools around

Reaction Score

Oh ya? You've done it before? Show me your past example and how it was done and who administered the account and you got yourself a bet. Whatever you want. Whatever it will take for you to STFU. I am under no circumstance going to take your word for it. You've proven to be a complete *SShole.

Reaction Score
Oh ya? You've done it before? Show me your past example and how it was done and who administered the account and you got yourself a bet. Whatever you want. Whatever it will take for you to STFU. I am under no circumstance going to take your word for it. You've proven to be a complete *SShole.
You call everyone a moron, , JO, but I am the a hole, okay, cool.

Look at the post above you. There is one person.

Lots of pools around here is correct as well, this is no different. You either put your trust in a 3rd party site member or do not.

It is a simple yes or no, if you want to for $500 we can start figuring out the details of who keeps the money (and for the 100th time it will not be me or you)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom