Brace Yourselves Doris Burke Haters | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Brace Yourselves Doris Burke Haters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

New Richard Deitsch SI media podcast with Doris Burke is up. Deitsch podcasts are usually pretty good so this might be a nice listen for the Burke fans among us.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Here is a direct link to SI's podcast page, for those of us who refuse to allow our computers to be infected with Itunes;):mad::

SI Media Podcast

I didn't realize that was only an iTunes link, good catch. I usually listen on soundcloud myself.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Doris is only as good as her audience's ability to comprehend the analysis that she has prepared and is trying to deliver. Unfortunately when the subject matter gets too deep for some (usually right after tip off) instead of reaching for the mute button some begin to concentrate on low brow things like her voice. It is easy to pretend her voice is a real obstacle when the reality is some were not going to comprehend the stuff that Doris is putting down in the first place.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Spot on, Coco. Broadcast sports is entertainment. Burke is an entertainer. She has a "pattern" from which she operates, as all entertainers do. All show business plays to mixed reviews. Her reviews are very good, even if some here dissent, and that's OK with me in both respects.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Doris is only as good as her audience's ability to comprehend the analysis that she has prepared and is trying to deliver. Unfortunately when the subject matter gets too deep for some (usually right after tip off) instead of reaching for the mute button some begin to concentrate on low brow things like her voice. It is easy to pretend her voice is a real obstacle when the reality is some were not going to comprehend the stuff that Doris is putting down in the first place.
Ho-hum, CoCo again on the money. We may not always agree, but the day guys like you and Uc stop talking I stop listening.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
Her role on ESPN is expanding.

Burke's More Prominent Role

Me, I have no issues with Doris. Now a certain SEC sycophant, whole different thing!

Not a fan of Doris Burke. She spends too much time with hyperbole and not nearly enough calling the game in front of her. It many times sounds scripted. She goes into a game expected certain outcomes and uses too many canned phrases that do not match what's happening on the court. I have also noticed she only does this with WBB and when doing the NBA broadcasting, she is less likely to have canned commentary and she focuses on the game being played. With WBB, she also tends to get personal. With the NBA, I think she fears the outcome of getting too personal because the listening audience is much larger and the back lash could ruin her in that sport. If she would broadcast WBB the same as she does the NBA, I be more of a fan of her commentary. She could learn a thing or two from Kara Lawson and LaChina, who never seems to have any hidden agendas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom