Boyle- Update: Transfers to EKU | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Boyle- Update: Transfers to EKU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Don't really care about the difference honestly. I'm not debating any of that.

Just saying that we all know the BY well and as soon as Boyle does well and whoever our QB is struggles, there will be calls for someone, likely the coach, head.

Then they were not paying attention, will probably be set straight right off the bat, and should be dismissed accordingly.

Reaction Score
T_Boyle_141:01pm via Twitter for iPhone
boyle.jpg

Edit add:
desmondconner1:19pm via Twitter for iPhone
Just spoke with @T_Boyle_14 he is at EKU, team meeting tonight, starts classes tomorrow. He is a Colonel#UConnFootball

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
One thing that is safe to say. At his time at UConn, Boyle set a standard of play that will not be duplicated.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
So if he's starting classes tomorrow it looks like he's going to get his undergrad degree from EKU instead of UConn...

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
No one can say Boyle didn't get his shot at UConn. He couldn't beat out Chandler Whitmer. He never seemed to want it like others. I'm surprised he is still interested in playing.

Reaction Score
Presumably the coaches let him know that he was behind one or both of Anderson and Davis. That being the case, he wants a chance to play and it's a good move for him and hopefully means we have what we need at QB for 2016.

By all accounts Boyle was a good teammate and gave his all as a Husky. A lot of the rest of this is jerking off.

Reaction Score
No one can say Boyle didn't get his shot at UConn. He couldn't beat out Chandler Whitmer. He never seemed to want it like others. I'm surprised he is still interested in playing.
Want it? Want what? Whitmer is probably still in concussion protocol after that beating he took. Want to get crippled? Boyle would have been killed by our oline.

I am just saying he probably wanted it, but whitmer took ungodly punishment and blame

Reaction Score
Some of these comments amaze me coming from grown ups. The young man came to UConn, kept his nose clean and tried his best through two disasterous seasons that cost him the change to redshirt and acclimate to anything. And played this year to hold on placekicks when it would have been in his interest to redshirt.

Do I think he is good enough to help UConn as a stating QB? Absolutely not. But any statement beyond wishing the young man good luck and thanking him for his time here is unbelievably childish.

Reaction Score
BL
I think there is a natural tendency to do a post mortem when a player who came in with high expectation, especially a local guy, leaves under the circumstances Boyle left under. Maybe it has gotten a little over the top with some folks. But I think a lot of people bought into the hype and were disappointed. Maybe that is a bigger issue for grown ups. Buying into the hype about an 18 year old I mean.

Reaction Score
BL
I think there is a natural tendency to do a post mortem when a player who came in with high expectation, especially a local guy, leaves under the circumstances Boyle left under. Maybe it has gotten a little over the top with some folks. But I think a lot of people bought into the hype and were disappointed. Maybe that is a bigger issue for grown ups. Buying into the hype about an 18 year old I mean.

1. Yes, putting too much stock into anything you hear about a player before he shows up is part of the problem.

2. Look, I don't claim to be the morality police. Everyone can say what they want about anything. And I have no issue if people say I'm being too punitive just by saying he's not good enough to start for us. But the only negative thing to say about Boyle is that he either wasn't good enough and/or he didn't get it done. When he's on the field, getting deeper into the negatives is understandable, because we all want to analyze what we're seeing. But on the way out -- what possible reason is there to say much more than thank you and good luck?

Reaction Score
I get you but what reason is there for a front page of the sports section on a back up transferring? From what I saw when other guys transferred it was a small note on page 5 or filler in one of those football update pieces. Rightly or wrongly Boyle was viewed differently. Hence 5 pages of commentary of all sorts. Me I wish him the best and hope he finds a place to succeed.

Reaction Score
Looks like he may have selected the wrong school to get that 1 year of exposure

Maty Mauk, who went 17-5 as the starting quarterback for Missouri before being dismissed in January, has signed to play this season for Eastern Kentucky.

Reaction Score
One thing that is safe to say. At his time at UConn, Boyle set a standard of play that will not be duplicated.
Whitmer pretty much duplicated it side by side. How soon we forget.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Looks like he may have selected the wrong school to get that 1 year of exposure

Maty Mauk, who went 17-5 as the starting quarterback for Missouri before being dismissed in January, has signed to play this season for Eastern Kentucky.

Wow...that sucks. I feel bad for Boyle. But...knowing Mauk's history...he will screw up again and get suspended. I hope Boyle gets his chance to play. It really did feel like there was no way he could be successful at UConn....hopefully new scenery will help him shed the baggage he seemed to be carrying.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Whitmer pretty much duplicated it side by side. How soon we forget.

I know its tough to see the numbers when watching on 13'' black and white with Rabbit Ears...

I wont post the numbers - its a Tim Post.

Reaction Score
Wow...that sucks. I feel bad for Boyle. But...knowing Mauk's history...he will screw up again and get suspended. I hope Boyle gets his chance to play. It really did feel like there was no way he could be successful at UConn....hopefully new scenery will help him shed the baggage he seemed to be carrying.
Isn't Boyle sitting out 2016? I don't think it will affect him at all...

Reaction Score
Love to be a fly on the wall when they talk about UConn's almost upset of Mizzou last year, especially the fake field goal.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Isn't Boyle sitting out 2016? I don't think it will affect him at all...

You may very well be right but why would he sit out in 2016? He doesn't have to sit out since he is dropping from FBS to FCS. Is he redshirting there?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
While I doubt he was planning on sitting out a year I imagine (if Mauk wins the starters job) that he would red shirt and start a year down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom