Boyle gets his chance for UConn (Fuller) | The Boneyard

Boyle gets his chance for UConn (Fuller)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I still say that I'd rather lose 41-0 with Boyle playing than 30-13 with Whitmer, but holy crap we looked pathetic last night. 80 yards of total offense? Not even a length of a football field. But it's good that we're finding out now rather than next August that Boyle still can't move the offense.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I still say that I'd rather lose 41-0 with Boyle playing than 30-13 with Whitmer, but holy crap we looked pathetic last night. 80 yards of total offense? Not even a length of a football field. But it's good that we're finding out now rather than next August that Boyle still can't move the offense.
Ah, yes you found the silver lining. I'd prefer not to be calling out players at the college level, but the future isnt Boyle either. If we don't see 300 yards of offense next week (and we won't) I wouldnt be oppose to seeing the walk on QB for the SMU game. Its all about Sherrifs next season. Time for a physically strong mobile QB. Someone that is more Alpha. This teams needs Alphas.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Ah, yes you found the silver lining. I'd prefer not to be calling out players at the college level, but the future isnt Boyle either. If we don't see 300 yards of offense next week (and we won't) I wouldnt be oppose to seeing the walk on QB for the SMU game. Its all about Sherrifs next season. Time for a physically strong mobile QB. Someone that is more Alpha. This teams needs Alphas.

It is so sad that the "silver lining" is that "we are finding out now rather than in August that Boyle still can't move the offense". This program is such a dumpster fire, it makes me want to cry.

Reaction Score
The coaching staff has to scour JUCO and graduate transfers. Because right now it looks like we have Sherrifs, Davis, and that is it going into next year. To expect Davis to come in and be great right from the get go as a true frosh is putting way too much on his shoulders. I have not heard a peep about Sheriffs. Interested to see how he has looked.

We don't solve the qb situation next year, we see a 1-2 game improvement tops.

Reaction Score
The coaching staff has to scour JUCO and graduate transfers. Because right now it looks like we have Sherrifs, Davis, and that is it going into next year. To expect Davis to come in and be great right from the get go as a true frosh is putting way too much on his shoulders. I have not heard a peep about Sheriffs. Interested to see how he has looked.

We don't solve the qb situation next year, we see a 1-2 game improvement tops.

Yup, we better have at least three real QB prospects competing for the job in the summer. If JUCO's aren't in the plan, he needs to tweak the plan. I wish we had given Marshi a longer leash, he has some running ability and a big arm. Lucky for us we get to watch him at Temple.

Last edited:

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
It is so sad that the "silver lining" is that "we are finding out now rather than in August that Boyle still can't move the offense". This program is such a dumpster fire, it makes me want to cry.

Only those suffering from backup adulation syndrome didn't know this in August. He was out of the QB derby early in fall practice. Boyle has a full off season to get better, too. I just hope someone is there to push him. I'm not counting on a walk on to do it. I think JUCO is our best bet for competition, and let the freshman RS unless one of them is clearly a superstar.

Reaction Score
Boyle had a tough day and has not been good but can they least game plan around his skill set. What was with all the QB runs on read option, he is not a runner and probably not confident on the pitch so he runs it and gets nowhere and what was with the sneaks especially from the shot gun.Almost looks like they want to prove he can not run their preferred offense instead, try to establish run and plan to his arm not his legs. Not saying he would been have successful but why did they game plan around the weakest part of his game.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Boyle had a tough day and has not been good but can they least game plan around his skill set. What was with all the QB runs on read option, he is not a runner and probably not confident on the pitch so he runs it and gets nowhere and what was with the sneaks especially from the shot gun.Almost looks like they want to prove he can not run their preferred offense instead, try to establish run and plan to his arm not his legs. Not saying he would been have successful but why did they game plan around the weakest part of his game.
Another excellent point. Boyle + read option = automatic fail. You don't need to put that out on the field to find the results. The read option is for this guy: Byrant Sherriffs http://www.hudl.com/athlete/532831/highlights/38710426 This town needs a new Sherriff!

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Another excellent point. Boyle + read option = automatic fail. You don't need to put that out on the field to find the results. The read option is for this guy: Byrant Sherriffs http://www.hudl.com/athlete/532831/highlights/38710426 This town needs a new Sherriff!

No offense by how can you say that when all any of us have every seen is a few plays at NCST. He can run it from what we have seen, but passing it is a different thing.

Reaction Score
As soon as one of our QB's gets 4 or more consecutive games without being pulled after a posession, during a posession, coming in on second down or being used as a fullback on third down, I'll agree that guy has been given his chance.

Reaction Score
No offense by how can you say that when all any of us have every seen is a few plays at NCST. He can run it from what we have seen, but passing it is a different thing.
If that's the case then we are left with 3 QB's who are all unproven commodities throwing the football.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Obviously nobody knows until the games are played. Watch the feel reel, you'll see his arm is as good as anyone else that has come here and his wheels are better. I'm trying to bring a little hope to the board.

When I look at the rest of the roster, there isnt much to get excited about, same with the incoming class. Maybe the incoming class has better prototype bodies, but that's about all that can be said because their tapes don't show much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom