Boycotting this year's tourney | The Boneyard

Boycotting this year's tourney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I didn't watch a minute of the BET and I typically not only watch but attend at least two days. I'm not watching a minute of March Madness this year either or even filling out a single bracket...I'm just sour about how we got screwed and this new league we're saddled with.

BTW, anyone hear anything about the UNC academic investigation? IS there even an ' investigation?

Kentucky gets embarassed last night and today they pick up a commitment from the #1 PF recruit in the country.

Where is the equity in all this?

Reaction Score
Sorry, can't do it. I love listening to Marv and Steve Kerr call games, and Charles Barkley being a idiot, and all the different sites they play at.

To me, it's like 1987, where our team is not even in the post-season, and I'm openly rooting against all of the Big East teams (save maybe Cincy). Except our program has three titles in the back pocket and a great young coach. We'll be back.

The NCAA tournament is the best sporting event in the USA, and a weak moron like Aresco and a malevolent a**hole like Emmert can't ruin it for me.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I thought I was the only one! I should've known I wasn't. Nope, not a second of the BET or a second of the NCAA or NIT. No UConn = no interest.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
I just couldn't do that I look forward to the madness every year

Reaction Score
I'm not really boycotting the tournament, I just have zero interest if UConn isn't in it. Same was true for the Big East tournament, though I'll admit my attitude towards that was more of a "screw this broken, empty shell of a conference, good riddance".

I'll definitely watch some of the ladies tournament, but if the men can't win a championship I quite literally couldn't give a less who does.

Reaction Score
I didn't watch the BE tourney...how can the play the last one without Uconn...and won't watch the NCAA either...

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
I already watched the entire RMU vs. Kentucky NIT game and the LIU vs. JMU game. College basketball is my favorite sport so I gotta watch . The difference this year is I won't be adjusting my work schedule and kicking people out the house to watch our guys.

Reaction Score
I already watched the entire RMU vs. Kentucky NIT game and the LIU vs. JMU game. College basketball is my favorite sport so I gotta watch .
The people boycotting or have no interest are uconn fans only, not college basketball fans.

No real college basketball fan would ever not watch the tournament.

Reaction Score
I have no interest yet. Once there are a few story lines that intrigue me I'll tune in. I am hoping for a complete wash out of the big name programs. I'd love to see a Final Four of no names this year.

Still, I am going with Florida in my bracket.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
The people boycotting or have no interest are uconn fans only, not college basketball fans.

Your right. To me the tourney is better than the Super Bowl.

Reaction Score

I can assure you Jerry that that"s not the case but it just feels right to me but I'm not saying others need to follow. But, I am first and foremost a Husky fan and really pissed at the moment.

Reaction Score
To each their own. I've loved watching college hoops and the tourney even before the Calhoun era, so despite still being ticked about the postseason ban, and despite the fact that we've gotten shafted harder in the conf realignment clusterf*** than any other school, I will still be watching the tourney, rooting for upsets, and hoping all our former conference mates go down in flames.

Reaction Score

Not true. Been watching for 50+ years, and what the NCAA pulled on UConn was the end of the line. UConn's season is over and so is mine. If conference realignment stays as is, you make be doing the same thing when you're asked to pay for B1G, ACC, SEC, and B12 cable fees. Be damned if I will.

Reaction Score
You think I'm going to miss an excuse to slack off at work for 2 days? You're out of your mind. Madness baby!!!!

Reaction Score

Not true...I've watched as much of the tourney as possible since I was in high school in the 70s...this year has just been too much of a bitter pill to swallow...I've loved Uconn my entire life and while I haven't been prouder of one of our teams, I just want this season to end. It will feel great to start next year being on the same playing field as everyone else.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm boycotting and anyone questioning my fan hood can meet me outside SouthTampabill's house where we can settle things like real men!

Reaction Score
I'm not sure what I am going to do. The only Big East tournament game I turned on was the final. I found my self rooting for both team to lose. When I realized that it was not going to happen I turned it off. I did not know (or care) who won.

This was always my favorite time of the year. Almost any team was a possible future opponent for Uconn. I wanted to see an all Big East final four. Now, if I watch, I will be rooting against all of the traitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom