Boxscore | The Boneyard

Boxscore

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Wonder why didnt see more minutes from Buck and Stokes? 8 total minutes!!! Not much with a blowout!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Wonder why didnt see more minutes from Buck and Stokes? 8 total minutes!!! Not much with a blowout!
That was VERY noticable. Geno didn't seem to trust them in this game. They both had a very short leash. The gameplan was clearly to ride Stef harder than has been required this season, and although it's great that Stef was more than up to the challenge, it was one area of potential concern if Stef gets into foul trouble or worn dwn against Griner, etc. I don't see how Kiah and Buck don't spell Stef more against a player like Griner.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
glad to see there's NO big difference in the fouls/FT's... geesh you wouldn't hear the end of it!

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
That was VERY noticable. Geno didn't seem to trust them in this game. They both had a very short leash. The gameplan was clearly to ride Stef harder than has been required this season, and although it's great that Stef was more than up to the challenge, it was one area of potential concern if Stef gets into foul trouble or worn dwn against Griner, etc. I don't see how Kiah and Buck don't spell Stef more against a player like Griner.

Looking at the minutes, I wonder if this was Geno's "practice" for the starting 6. They can rest during Seton Hall and then boom! It's Baylor time!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Exactly, I think a big part of it was Geno preparing for a crunch game down the road and testing Stef and the core team.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
The game looked to me to be a balanced effort - the total points for the most part were spread fairly evenly between the starters and Kaleena. Given the dependency on Maya last year, one wonders if Geno wants to be sure to get everyone involved in scoring, so that there isn't the anticipation of someone getting in the game and ensuring that the ball goes in the hole. Plus, everyone will have to be defended, and not one person pulling focus...

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Geno actually said in the post game that he thought Banks did a good job when she was out there. He hopes she can build on that. I hope she has a big game against Seton Hall and doesn't lose confidence.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Geno actually said in the post game that he thought Banks did a good job when she was out there. He hopes she can build on that. I hope she has a big game against Seton Hall and doesn't lose confidence.
She did seem to try to stay within the structure more and helped the offense move through its actions.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I thought both Buck and Stokes played poorly in hte few minutes they were on the floor. THe leash was indeed very short. Her screwup on defense at the end of the 1st half helped shorten it.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I thought both Buck and Stokes played poorly in hte few minutes they were on the floor. THe leash was indeed very short. Her screwup on defense at the end of the 1st half helped shorten it.
Heather, also, make two very good plays.

HGN

Reaction Score
Did you guys see Bank's drive to the goal on that one play???? That first step was Incredible. She is faster than fast.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Did you guys see Bank's drive to the goal on that one play???? That first step was Incredible. She is faster than fast.
Tiffany had a couple as well yesterday. That first step for both is lightning quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom