Box Score vs ND 3/4/13 | The Boneyard

Box Score vs ND 3/4/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
This team set a new UConn record for most turnovers - 35. Previous high was 30 set by the 2002-2003 team against USC.

Dolson had 11 which is just hard to get my head around. Diggins had 8, which is not unusual for her against UConn. She takes a lot of shots (and makes big ones) and turns the ball over a lot.

Diggins shot 11 for 31 and McBride 11 for 28. Wow that's a ton of shots and misses by those two. They made 22 shots and missed 37. But misses are better than turning the ball over because at least with misses you can grab an offensive rebound -- which ND did very well tonight grabbing 18 boards. I think I heard that ND had something like 22 second chance points to UConn's 9.

UConn didn't shoot badly when it wasn't turning the ball over 35 times.

Reaction Score
Mmmm. I like turnovers, particularly apple.

Cheer up everyone. Except for what it means, this was a meaningless loss.

So we're not the 1 seed in the non-existent league. Big deal. We can still win the tourney as a 2 seed. We can still have the potential pleasure of having ND thinking, "We should have lost the other one and won this one" after the NC game.

Reaction Score
Meaningless, yes, but another demonstration of this team's inability to get it done in close games. In each of the overtimes, there were points when their win probability was over 90%, and likely about 97% before Stewart bricked the front end up 6.

Reaction Score

As mentioned when giving props for your prediction, looking at these stats, it astounds me that Notre Dame won this game. 35 turnovers are an awful lot of turnovers, but look at the minutes logged. Tired legs produce lazy fouls and stupid turnovers.
There is little comfort in winning the statistical battle and still coming up on the lower end of the scoring column.
Notre Dame hit one three pointer. ONE! I fully subscribe to the law of averages, but how unlikely is the one three pointer to come at that spot and have that impact?

I have been a Notre Dame detractor for the better part of my spectating life. Ever since they went for the tie in 1966 against Michigan State and was handed the national championship. When Notre Dame has it going like this, it takes a major jaw breaking knockout to break them out of it. Should these two teams meeet in the Big East Tournament(only a fool with money to burn would bet against it), UConn has to humiliateNotre Dame a la the College Game Day performance back in 2009. Or, more recently, the thrashing Alabama laid on them in the BCS Championship. Winning a close game might improve UConn's psyche but it does not destroy the Notre Dame mojo.

Reaction Score
This team has no point guard. Period. Exclamation mark. Bria and doty both do not have very tight handle and cannot go left AT ALL. Neither of them can get to the rim.

Thats what it comes down to.

sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member