Bowl Lines and predictions | The Boneyard

Bowl Lines and predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Couple of 4 point lines I'm liking

West Virginia giving 4 to Syracuse. Cuse has their number and I don't think West Virginia is going to show up. They didn't want this bowl game.

Clemson vs LSU. LSU will be too
much defense for Clemson to overcome. No way a top SEC team is going to bow to a ACC team and Won't be closer than four

Lastly national championship game. Notre dame getting ten points. Seriously. Has Alabama slammed a quality opponent. No they survive them. Had to come back vs lsu and lost to a and m. So I feel the obvious pick here is nd with the points. The problem with that? It's too obvious which says beware

Any thoughts

Reaction Score
i remember very vividly jan 1,1987....#3 oklahoma 20 pt fav over #9 arkansas....
took the points and proceeded to lose 1G..rarely if ever bet on games again.
i'm going with bama in a rout.....so u bettors go the opposite

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If you can get 6 with ECU on Saturday get them now.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I honestly have no interest in watching any bowl games due to conference realignment.

It's bad enough having it thrown in our face every single UConn game, there's no way in hell I'm going to subject myself to this for meaningless exhibitions.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I honestly have no interest in watching any bowl games due to conference realignment.

It's bad enough having it thrown in our face every single UConn game, there's no way in hell I'm going to subject myself to this for meaningless exhibitions.

No one else does either. The games get ratings because of gambling. Seriously who would watch Utah State and Toledo without a financial stake?

Reaction Score
Anyone think the NC game line is way off or am I crazy

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Anyone think the NC game line is way off or am I crazy

I think it's too many points and at 10 I like Notre Dame but I wouldn't empty a bank account on it.

Reaction Score
Couple of 4 point lines I'm liking

West Virginia giving 4 to Syracuse. Cuse has their number and I don't think West Virginia is going to show up. They didn't want this bowl game.

Clemson vs LSU. LSU will be too
much defense for Clemson to overcome. No way a top SEC team is going to bow to a ACC team and Won't be closer than four

Lastly national championship game. Notre dame getting ten points. Seriously. Has Alabama slammed a quality opponent. No they survive them. Had to come back vs lsu and lost to a and m. So I feel the obvious pick here is nd with the points. The problem with that? It's too obvious which says beware

Any thoughts

The two teams have one common opponent, Michigan, who ND needed 6 TOs to squeak by and Bama blew the doors off. Not that common opponents mean anything, but just saying lets slow down on Bama not "slamming" anyone.

I like ND first half but teams have run on ND and I think Bama wears them down as the game goes on and runs the ball down their throat.

Look at Duke +8, UGA/Neb. Over and Ole Miss -3.5

Reaction Score
Two years ago, I lived for college football. I centered on UConn, but I cared about everything that happened in the sport.

Now, I couldn't care less. If I watch more than one bowl game before the championship, I'll be surprised.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The two teams have one common opponent, Michigan, who ND needed 6 TOs to squeak by and Bama blew the doors off. Not that common opponents mean anything, but just saying lets slow down on Bama not "slamming" anyone.

I like ND first half but teams have run on ND and I think Bama wears them down as the game goes on and runs the ball down their throat.

Look at Duke +8, UGA/Neb. Over and Ole Miss -3.5

I really don't like Duke in that game. Other than the UNC win they beat on one and got blown out by every decent team on the schedule and few bad ones like Georgia Tech.

I do like Ole Miss though, but I don't have a ton of respect for their opponent.

Reaction Score
I really don't like Duke in that game. Other than the UNC win they beat on one and got blown out by every decent team on the schedule and few bad ones like Georgia Tech.

I do like Ole Miss though, but I don't have a ton of respect for their opponent.

The #1 factor in betting the bowls is motivation, Duke has a TON of it being their first bowl game in forever and playing in their home state, while Cincy has none with just losing their coach going to some random game.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The #1 factor in betting the bowls is motivation, Duke has a TON of it being their first bowl game in forever and playing in their home state, while Cincy has none with just losing their coach going to some random game.

I understand that - I don't agree that Cinci has no motivation. Duke's defense is really really really bad. Look away bad. I'm not betting Cinci by any stretch but Duke as a big dog all year was trash because they can't stop anyone.

Reaction Score
To name a few...
Ball St +7
Fresno St -12.5
ULM -7
Syracuse +3.5
Georgia Tech +10
Northwestern +2

ULM would probably be my best bet of the bowl season. Ohio was absolutely decimated by injuries by the end of the year, especially on defense. They were giving up like 300 yards rushing a game. UlM can certainly exploit that with their QB Browning. Plus add in the fact it's their first bowl game in school history and it is close to home, I think it will be a comfortable ULM win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom