Bowl game coming to Fenway Park? (Blaudschun? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bowl game coming to Fenway Park? (Blaudschun?

Reaction Score
There is a tweet out there post recently from an AAC communications director refuting the idea the conf is a lock to move out of RI. I was surprised by the post, maybe he is last to knowz
If so, then regrettably I retract my suggestion Blaudschun was likely wrong again about another topic. ;)

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
LOL. Detroit is a dump. Sister cities with Bridgeport.

1. Detroit sucks
2. If you think Bridgeport compares with Detroit you are out of your mind - the area around Comerica and Ford Field is great
3. Ford Field is a great place to watch a game
4. Fenway is an awful place to watch a game

Reaction Score
1. Detroit sucks
2. If you think Bridgeport compares with Detroit you are out of your mind - the area around Comerica and Ford Field is great
3. Ford Field is a great place to watch a game
4. Fenway is an awful place to watch a game

Comerica is also a good baseball stadium. When I used to go to Detroit a lot for work, caught many games and learned a few tricks from the locals on how to get free parking. I have not been back since Little Ceasers opened, which replaced the suburban Palace (former home of the Pistons who owner at that time had his company HQ next door so I get some very nice VIP once or twice and ran into Rip once) and downtown Joe Louis, which was showing its age a decade ago). While the inner ring is still is bad shape, folks have been putting a lot of money into the coordidor along Woodward from the river to Midtown where Wayne State and the Ford Hospital are and its improving. There is also a lot of money in the outer suburbs, especially Oakland County and the area around Ann Arbor. That said, there is a signficant level of nervouness about the changes taking place in the auto indistry as the area is still very depenet on the auto industry and its suppliers.

Last edited:

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
1. Detroit sucks

Oh man, Butch is gonna come here with 4500 words on how wrong you are*

*you arent, Bridgeport completely sucks

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
The Fenway Dunkin-CVS bowl should feature two 6 win max teams from the pool of the B1G, ACC and AAC. It’s a punishment game.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Oh man, Butch is gonna come here with 4500 words on how wrong you are*

*you arent, Bridgeport completely sucks

In Detroit you can also flee south to Windsor after the game. It’s a jarring change within 1000 feet.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
In Detroit you can also flee south to Windsor after the game. It’s a jarring change within 1000 feet.

I went there in 2009 during the Final Four, a time at which the CDN $ was worth more than the USD. Somehow I picked the one window in a century where the exchange rate was that way.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I went there in 2009 during the Final Four, a time at which the CDN $ was worth more than the USD. Somehow I picked the one window in a century where the exchange rate was that way.

Last time I went to Windsor the border guard wasn’t in love with our reason: We have a hotel room there.

The gentleman’s club with the purple sign has an all time hot dog guy out in front. I don’t care what currency those $4 were in. Could have been bitcoin and still worth it.

Reaction Score
The Fenway bowl game better be the "Dunkin Hot Chocolate Misery Bowl" and its going to be great.
Perfect title. They were charging $9 for a standard cup of hot chocolate when we played at Fenway. If the temp drops below freezing they’ll probably make it $12.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I sat up in the roof top seats for the UConn/BC game at Fenway and thought the venue was great for football. I could not risk getting seated behind a support beam in the lower bowl so purposely sought out 2nd level seating when I bought my tickets. Of course, I immediately regretted that choice and wished that I sat behind a support beam as the game unfolded.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Last time I went to Windsor the border guard wasn’t in love with our reason: We have a hotel room there.

That's funny, the one time I crossed the border I hit a snarky Canuck as well. Is that a thing?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
If we get a bowl game vs the ACC we can play it on a barge in the Arctic Ocean and it’d be a good get

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Climate change is good for bowl games, a Fenway game might have decent weather. The southern bowls I attended had miserable weather.

Reaction Score
I’d take it. The closest UConn has come to bowling in the last 8 years is Lucky Strike Lanes in Mansfield.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom