Bouknights Message to the Fans | The Boneyard

Bouknights Message to the Fans

Reaction Score
That my friends is total class exuded by JB.

Hurley and staff struck gold when they identified, focused on and then closed the deal, bringing Mr. Bouknight in as the jewel of their first full UConn recruiting class.

James, we all wish you a wonderfully successful, long and prosperous career in the National Basketball Association. Thank you for being an integral part of putting the University of Connecticut back on the map as a "destination" for top high school ballers with serious NBA aspirations. Go get 'em young man!!!

We will watch your blossoming career with much anticipation and enthusiasm, indeed, rooting you on every step of the way!

Reaction Score
Listen. It's a nice gesture. And it could have very well been written and/or thought up by his agent and media relations team. I'll be much happier seeing him stay in contact with the school and team and help us build future rosters.

Reaction Score
Listen. It's a nice gesture. And it could have very well been written and/or thought up by his agent and media relations team. I'll be much happier seeing him stay in contact with the school and team and help us build future rosters.
Why the sour tone? And premature judgment. Let’s be grateful.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Good on James. I am glad he got a chance to say goodbye. I would’ve loved to have seen him another year, but after all the hard work he put in it looks like he’s going to have a great draft slot. I wish him the best.

#huskiesforever

Reaction Score
That isn't even close to being true.
Playing final year with no fans and everything else going on… an argument could be made it can’t get much worse than last year

*and freshman year that was called off heading down home stretch. That sucked too

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That isn't even close to being true.
its an opinion. it doesnt have to be true to you. Yes the comment is a bit hyperbolic and unfortunately a couple of you got their panties in a bunch over it. The point i was making is between the rebuild and covid he never really had a chance to do something special here.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
It doesnt suck to be him but he had the misfortune of coming to Uconn at the worst possible time i its history.
The 1980s called - they want their history back.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The 1980s called - they want their history back.

I think he may have been talking about the fact that the post season was cancelled his freshman year, and last year there were no fans and a partial season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom