Bouknight's Defense | The Boneyard

Bouknight's Defense

Reaction Score
Reminds me of a safety in football when he picks of those passes for a fastbreak. It’s not good yet but it’s getting there

Reaction Score
I've been on here 30 seconds since the game ended and we're at Bouknight is good and horrible defensively and Hurley should have never gone to zone and should have never stopped playing zone. Good sign

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
No his defense is awful. But his offense keeps him on the court.
At the beginning of the season he couldn't keep a guy in front of him without fouling. That definitely wasn't true tonight. If you read the first post closely, you'll notice it says "has improved". Obviously his offense is the reason he's out there, but those of us who didn't think he wasn't getting major minutes ar the beginning of the season was because Hurley didn't want him to get drafted realized it was because he was a defensive liability.

Reaction Score
His man on man defense seems like it could be better and that he is making progress, but not uncommon for him to get beat off the dribble.

No question he has a great feel for the game and solid instinct, seems to be good for one steal (from reading the passing lanes) to transition bucket at least once a game.

Reaction Score
I wonder if Hurley is trying to limit his fouls to keep him on the floor, so he's having him not close out shooters as aggressively. A trade off I suppose you need to make.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Has really improved. That combined his offense makes it tough to take him off the floor.
No his defense is awful. But his offense keeps him on the court.
It’s not great but it’s getting better
I've been on here 30 seconds since the game ended and we're at Bouknight is good and horrible defensively and Hurley should have never gone to zone and should have never stopped playing zone. Good sign
Fun thread.
Three of these posts have 4 Likes, and one has 3. No consensus, nice distribution.
Everybody likes his offense..

Reaction Score
I like that most people take shots at the players who have decent games.
My question , whats happened to Akok? Is he hurt, his play has taken a nosedive...

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It really not though. How many steals does he have the last few games?

He made one bad play on defense all night. He’s not great, but he’s fouling a lot less and has improved a ton.

He also defends at the rim better than any other guard we have. Frequently alters and blocks shots. Isn't afraid to go after bigs down there either. He's not a great on ball perimeter defender but he isn't close to awful.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
It;s not an either/or situation. Yes, his defense has improved. Yes his defence is horrible. One of the reasons the D is bad is that he is being careful not to pick up fouls. The slashing picks of passes were impressive and made his defense look better than it is. He will try to stay in front of his man on the outside. but in the last game he definitely backed off closer to the hoop. Right now I would try to keep him on a 3 point threat and keep him off a slasher if at all possible. If what I am seeing is correct, Other coaches will begin to force him to switch to guys who want to take it to the rack and get Bouk in foul trouble.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom