Bouknight | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bouknight

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
He's kind of raw on defense and gets caught out of position. But he has the talent to become a good defender.
He didn’t move his feet well on defense and rode the back of his defender. Picked up two fouls from that which limited his minutes. Otherwise Hurley only takes him out for a breathers during this game.

I will reiterate what I said after the Buffalo game. After his career ends at UConn people with list Bouknight above Bazz and Lamb on their list of greatest UConn players.

Reaction Score
He didn’t move his feet well on defense and rode the back of his defender. Picked up two fouls from that which limited his minutes. Otherwise Hurley only takes him out for a breathers during this game.

I will reiterate what I said after the Buffalo game. After his career ends at UConn people with list Bouknight above Bazz and Lamb on their list of greatest UConn players.

Less concerned with his defense. What UConn has been lacking since Bazz and Boat is scoring or more precisely having a talented scorer on their roster. Let the others be role players and play defense.

Reaction Score

Of course that depends on how long he stays. Rudy Gay and Andre Drummand would be higher on that list if they stayed longer. Also avoiding injury.

Reaction Score
A star in the making.
His body control while in the air around the basket is unbelievable. He changed his shot angle a handful of times tonight while being contested taking it to the rim.

Not since Ray Allen have we seen that. Maybe Caron. Maybe Rip. But definitely Ray.

Reaction Score
Of course that depends on how long he stays. Rudy Gay and Andre Drummand would be higher on that list if they stayed longer. Also avoiding injury.

Gay and Drummond kinda of underachieved while at UConn. They became unquestionable stars in NBA.

Reaction Score
He just looks smooth and has another gear that most don't have.
The defense is the big thing that needs to come, and that just takes some time.

What stands out with this freshmen class is that they seem to know their roles. They make the extra pass. They know their chances will come. I think they are a good start for what Hurley wants: 5 guys who will work together to get any of their 5 the best shot. I think the two signed for next year fit this build as well.

Reaction Score
He has an uncanny ability to get offensive rebounds. He also has the Ray Allen "it factor".

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He passes the eye test from the first second you see him on the court.

No one on the court tonight has anything close to his upside.
This is often the case with elite athletes. You know right away when someone is elite. They just look different.

Reaction Score
He's a player. Watch out when hes surrounded by other players

We’ve had more talent than every team we have played this year besides Florida. Our talent is fine. We just need to put it together and starting Bouknight should be a big part of that.

Reaction Score
Akok and Bouknight will be 2 and done.
If we are recruiting guys that can leave after two years, then we are finally again recruiting the right guys! Talent prevails. Its refreshing to see that we might actually have some.

Reaction Score
The Bouknight era arrived last night when Hurley spread the floor for him late in the game. He would have had the ball in his hands at the end if not for the ill-advised foul.

He can shoot, shoot from deep, shoot free throws, handle the ball, get to the basket and, in addition to all of this, he gets put backs on the offensive glass.

At least two of his fouls tonight were silly touch fouls 50 feet from the hoop. He will break that habit.

It will be interesting to see how long Hurley can go before inserting him into the starting lineup.

Reaction Score
Without a doubt he’s our best offensive player. Hopefully with some added playing time and a few more games under his belt he will roast the AAC with his smooth all around game. I feel bad for us because this is what we’ve been lacking for some years now. AG and CV need to realize that they’re not the main guys on this squad anymore. Our frogs Bouk is a stud!!!!!

Reaction Score
He has an uncanny ability to get offensive rebounds. He also has the Ray Allen "it factor".

Had several silly freshman fouls, but the kid is a BALLHUNTER.

Always in the right place at the right time, especially on the offensive glass last night.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score

A lot of posters are comparing Bouk to bazz. We need to get players like Ray, Rip, Caron, Rudy, Ben, Emeka, Kemba. I love Bazz, and while he IS a UConn great, not quite as great as some others. We have a truly great heritage that I want carried into the future.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
How about kids at every level recognizing how easily he scores, and mostly on limited dribbles. He goes somewhere with a dribble or two and fluidity and movement gets him by guys without pounding the ball 50 times and doing 12 crossovers. I guess it's called being a "natural scorer" and I miss seeing guys like this.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
A lot of posters are comparing Bouk to bazz. We need to get players like Ray, Rip, Caron, Rudy, Ben, Emeka, Kemba. I love Bazz, and while he IS a UConn great, not quite as great as some others. We have a truly great heritage that I want carried into the future.
Seems people are making more of a comparison to Rip.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
The sad thing is Gilbert can be pretty damn good if he would just try and find people instead of playing like an out of control street baller. He can beat his defender off the dribble at will.
Yeah he just can’t take it to the hole. I mean come on AG it’s like “fletch” it just not happening.

Reaction Score
I’ll take a bunch of Napiers. Maybe what you mean is NBA talent? Because as a college player Shabazz was as great or greater than those you mentioned. But Most are comparing Bouk to Rip or Ray as being at another skill level.

Reaction Score
Three and done. Lottery pick. Fingers crossed.

When he gains strength this offseason it is game over.
I think it’s very wishful thinking we have him for 3 years. Based on how good he looks this early, I’d be thrilled to have him for two.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom