Bouknight Suspension | The Boneyard

Bouknight Suspension

Reaction Score
While it hurts right now, probably a win for the program in the grander scheme. Bouknight is punished by missing our key home noncon game (and the first two, of course). Sets the tone that Hurley won't put competition above discipline, he'll find a balance that still serves justice. And at the end of the day, it's only three games. Bouknight will still have his chance to put in a good freshman season, mature, and get everything in the rearview mirror.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
While it hurts right now, probably a win for the program in the grander scheme. Bouknight is punished by missing our key home noncon game (and the first two, of course). Sets the tone that Hurley won't put competition above discipline, he'll find a balance that still serves justice. And at the end of the day, it's only three games. Bouknight will still have his chance to put in a good freshman season, mature, and get everything in the rearview mirror.

That's putting some serious lipstick on the pig. It's probably the best we could hope for given circumstances. He's back for Charleston.

Reaction Score
That's putting some serious lipstick on the pig. It's probably the best we could hope for given circumstances. He's back for Charleston.
Yeah, it probably is. But I'll go glass half full and hope everyone comes out on the other end looking good and this is just a tiny footnote on Hurley's and Bouk's careers.

Reaction Score
UConn men’s basketball guard James Bouknight has been suspended for the first three games of the season after his late-September arrest, coach Dan Hurley announced Thursday.

The freshman will miss the Huskies’ games against Sacred Heart, St. Joseph and Florida before returning to the court for the Charleston Classic later this month.

Reaction Score
Your glass is overflowing. A player suspended for multiple games is never a "win".
In the sense that some people were calling for much longer suspensions and even expulsion (which I never thought was rational or likely, this result is about what I thought would happen), it is a win. Bouk misses the first couple games of the season including a marquee one. But then there's still 90% of the season for him to partake in. He'll still have ample chance to play, improve, and leave his mark. And I don't think he'd single-handedly be changing the course of our season in how he might impact the results of these three games. We'll more likely than not be 2-1 (hopefully 3-0) with or without him. And if it's a close loss to Florida where he might've actually been a difference, that's still just a loss to a top-ten team in the country that won't hurt our résumé. And he'll have 27 or more chances to impact our season in those contests.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
In the sense that some people were calling for much longer suspensions and even expulsion (which I never thought was rational or likely, this result is about what I thought would happen), it is a win. Bouk misses the first couple games of the season including a marquee one. But then there's still 90% of the season for him to partake in. He'll still have ample chance to play, improve, and leave his mark. And I don't think he'd single-handedly be changing the course of our season in how he might impact the results of these three games. We'll more likely than not be 2-1 (hopefully 3-0) with or without him. And if it's a close loss to Florida where he might've actually been a difference, that's still just a loss to a top-ten team in the country that won't hurt our résumé. And he'll have 27 or more chances to impact our season in those contests.
I declare @UConNick today's winner of the @UConnDan97 award for most optimistic poster.

1573159637777.png

Reaction Score
Can we just say that most importantly, let's hope he learns from this and doesn't do anything so stupid again? Isn't that the point? I couldn't care less how many games he gets suspended for. I want to know that he has learned his lesson. And that it's a lesson to everyone else on the team as well. I hope Hurley has beat the h!ll out of him in practice and made an example out of him so everyone gets the point.

Reaction Score

What people were calling for much longer suspensions? Morons, that's who.

A three game suspension plus the exhibition games is plenty.

Reaction Score
Some people get in trouble and Learn their lesson before the punishment, and punish themselves harder than anyone can punish them. From what I understand, this is the case with James. He doesn’t need to “learn a lesson.” He already learned it.

The suspension is because hurley has standards for the program that he needs to stand by in order to be consistent with his principles.

As a fan, this ok. Time to move on. At least it’s not a long suspension which usually affects kids mentally and they never get into a rhythm.

Reaction Score
I'm not seeing how this is the best case scenario. Best case scenario was suspending him for the two tune up games and then playing him against Florida. Definitely could have been worse.

Reaction Score
I feel the suspension is fair regarding his actions. Definitely not too happy to know he’s missing probably top 2 biggest game this season but his punishment could’ve been more harsh like some were expecting.

Reaction Score
Damn. Wanted to see him live at gampel for fla game. Too bad he couldn’t experience that. Crowd shud be nuts. Oh well. Guess it cudda been a bit worse - can’t believe some dummies we re calling for more games. Why? Ok. Let’s move on and get ready for tmrw night

Reaction Score
3 games at the beginning of his college career is huge (for him being a freshman). No coming out party, not being there initially for his teammates, embarrassment before having a chance to even prove himself and of course starting his UConn days in one of the worst ways possible.

Just saying had it been in the middle of the season or later, it may not have felt the same.

This punishment for him should be enough to generate a hunger to redeem/enamor himself with teammates and fans, and of course to not do it again. I expect great things!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom