Bouknight shot down 71-73 | The Boneyard

Bouknight shot down 71-73

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Was definitely a 3 to put us up 74-73 not a 2 to tie it at 73. Am I crazy? I was watching without sound so I’m not sure it was reviewed but there was a lengthy delay.

Reaction Score
Yes there was contact there but the refs are never going to make that call to end the game.
Just every minute prior to. These guys suck end of story . One fan was screaming big east baby and waived goodbye to the temple band who reciprocated. It was funny.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
The shame is a couple of big upsets the day before. We could of taken advantage of that.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
I don't remember but he also got hit on the jumper to end OT1 with no call. Should have ended it at the line there. Oh well
Officials don't like to make this call as seen with Cumberland in the Cincy game. I'm okay with them not calling this one because we have the ability to win and I think bouknight has the ability to make that shot anyways.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Cumberland shot was after the buzzer
Even so, across the board I see more and more no calls at the end of games. It's essentially something that if it was called on a temple player at the end of the game we would all have been livid.

Reaction Score
JC’s friend... Ted Valentine. Thought he was banned from a lot of conferences.
Well after watching the AAC all season it's pretty clear the conference doesn't get the best officials. I haven't watched a lot of college basketball outside of UConn this season but do the P5 conferences have bad officiating also? I wonder how bad the officiating is at the mid and low major level.

Could be worse, the officiating in high school is not good. But that's to be expected. The lower the level you go the worse the officiating is.

The only really good officiating I see is in the NBA. Basketball is a tough sport to officiate. I get that.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Even so, across the board I see more and more no calls at the end of games. It's essentially something that if it was called on a temple player at the end of the game we would all have been livid.
The CV shot vs Tulsa where he hit 3 FTs at the buzzer is truly an anomaly. I have no idea why refs throw the rule book out at the end of games. Same thing on hail Mary’s in football where you will never see a flag

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Well after watching the AAC all season it's pretty clear the conference doesn't get the best officials. I haven't watched a lot of college basketball outside of UConn this season but do the P5 conferences have bad officiating also? I wonder how bad the officiating is at the mid and low major level.

Could be worse, the officiating in high school is not good. But that's to be expected. The lower the level you go the worse the officiating is.

The only really good officiating I see is in the NBA. Basketball is a tough sport to officiate. I get that.

has NBA officiating changed since 2010?

because it was impossibly awful before that.

Reaction Score
has NBA officiating changed since 2010?

because it was impossibly awful before that.
I go to a lot of NBA games and sit very close to the floor (well, actually on it). I think NBA refs are by far, like light years, better than what I've witnessed in the AAC. Then again I'm not sitting on the floor for AAC games so maybe it's not fair making a direct comparison.

Reaction Score
AAC shares refs with the SEC and another league. Ted Valentine does games in almost every league I think. He is on tv more than the NBC peacock. These guys are independent contractors and they get games from multiple leagues. And multiple leagues use the same pools. Don’t be shocked to see the same guys doing UConn Villanova next year.

Reaction Score
Officials don't like to make this call as seen with Cumberland in the Cincy game. I'm okay with them not calling this one because we have the ability to win and I think bouknight has the ability to make that shot anyways.
Do you guys think at all before you write? We are ok losing the chance to win on a blatant foul because we should have made it anyways.... WHAT

Reaction Score
I go to a lot of NBA games and sit very close to the floor (well, actually on it). I think NBA refs are by far, like light years, better than what I've witnessed in the AAC. Then again I'm not sitting on the floor for AAC games so maybe it's not fair making a direct comparison.
Epic humble brag

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Do you guys think at all before you write? We are ok losing the chance to win on a blatant foul because we should have made it anyways.... WHAT
Relax and gather yourself.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom