Bouknight sent up. | The Boneyard

Bouknight sent up.

Reaction Score
This was posted yesterday in the thread about him getting sent down.

Reaction Score
Bouk will be fine, he's just got to fix some things. This has just got to run its course. Every rookie needs more development.

It would be worse if he was playing a lot and got exposed (lack of readiness). Those are the rookies who don't have longevity because of a lack of immediate contribution.

Bouk apparently is a long term investment, and also MJ knows what he can do.

Reaction Score
Just spoke with a Hornets staff member down here at Atlantis - says don't worry James will be fine. They are all in on him.
Not too surprised because his talent is obviously there, but this is still reassuring to hear.

That’s cool that you met someone from the Hornets staff. We’re they down there scouting?

Reaction Score
Bouk will be fine, he's just got to fix some things. This has just got to run its course. Every rookie needs more development.

It would be worse if he was playing a lot and got exposed (lack of readiness). Those are the rookies who don't have longevity because of a lack of immediate contribution.

Bouk apparently is a long term investment, and also MJ knows what he can do.

Shooting %s, TOs, and getting stronger to improve his defense. It'll be a tall task, but with his ability to put the ball in the basket... you have to invest.

Reaction Score
I believe the hornets like him and have a plan for him. But it still sucks (for him and his development) that he’s not playing. Being allowed to play, get experience, make mistakes helps a player so much more than just working out, practicing, watching tape etc. almost everyone else in the rookie class is getting those reps.

Reaction Score
Not too surprised because his talent is obviously there, but this is still reassuring to hear.

That’s cool that you met someone from the Hornets staff. We’re they down there scouting?
That's what I'm guessing. Didn't ask, only cared about Bouknight.

Reaction Score
I'd feel better about this if the Hornets weren't one of the most incompetent clubs in the NBA.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I believe the hornets like him and have a plan for him. But it still sucks (for him and his development) that he’s not playing. Being allowed to play, get experience, make mistakes helps a player so much more than just working out, practicing, watching tape etc. almost everyone else in the rookie class is getting those reps.
They’re sending him down for Swarm games and bringing him up for practices.

Reaction Score
I thought he only played in one swarm game so far. My bad

Played in 3 games. You can see his stats here: 2021-22 Greensboro Swarm Stats | Basketball-Reference.com

29/8/4. 55% from 2 point land is solid... 30% from 3 and 3 TOs is not so great. Does have a positive A:TO ratio though. Great to see him getting tons of reps vs really good comp... he's putting up over 22 shots a game.

Sample size is small, but he is clearly dominating at this level of competition. Doing basically the same thing as at UConn. Learning to not be "the guy" and making smarter plays is going to be the thing that takes him to the next level in the league.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom