Bouknight recruiting lookback | The Boneyard

Bouknight recruiting lookback

Reaction Score
Can anyone summarize the Bouknight recruiting and how we was the steal of that Class?

I don't follow recruiting and am curious what our recruiters saw in him that others missed. Short season or not he an All American and 1st teamer candidate and probably one of the best offensive forces in the Nation (in a top conference). I wonder if this was expected or exceeds expectations.

Just curious how we got him, and others missed especially being in the AAC at the time. Being a fan, many other players mixtapes were better than his. Just reminds me so much of the Calhoun days with finding gems.

Reaction Score
Can anyone summarize the Bouknight recruiting and how we was the steal of that Class?

I don't follow recruiting and am curious what our recruiters saw in him that others missed. Short season or not he an All American and 1st teamer candidate and probably one of the best offensive forces in the Nation (in a top conference). I wonder if this was expected or exceeds expectations.

Just curious how we got him, and others missed especially being in the AAC at the time. Being a fan, many other players mixtapes were better than his. Just reminds me so much of the Calhoun days with finding gems.

He had a meniscus tear his junior year that affected his recruiting. He also didn't go to a top-tier prep school.

Kimani had recruited him at Minnesota, and continued to when he got to UConn when other schools backed off because of the injury.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
He had a meniscus tear his junior year that affected his recruiting. He also didn't go to a top-tier prep school.

Kimani had recruited him at Minnesota, and continued to when he got to UConn when other schools backed off because of the injury.
Seems to be a trend

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I remember everyone thinking Gaffney was the true prize in that class ?

Reaction Score
No one thought he was that good. Rivals had him ranked 95th when he verbally committed to UConn. In the next update, he DROPPED to 115th. When Hurley signed him, he told the press he was afraid the blue bloods would discover him before he signed his NLI. I thought it was hyperbole. I guess a lot of people did.
1614003774565.png

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score

Some good background from Amore here. I had no idea he was a baseball player growing up and didn’t start playing basketball until middle school. That makes me even more excited about his ability to develop further and sharpen his decision making.

Reaction Score
I think the meniscus tear his Jr year slowed his recruitment I remember Hurley saying if it wasn’t for that bouk woulda had a blueblood recruitment even though he ended up at a blueblood regardless

Reaction Score
I watched him play 2 of his first 3 AAU games back from the knee injury. Cole Anthony was the point guard but Bouknight was the 'go to' player they were setting up screens for all over the court possession after possession. If you have Cole Anthony and the focus of your offense is to have Anthony give the ball to Bouknight in scoring positions ... I especially remember a well executed 'elevator' screen they ran. Bouk running between 2 bigs next to each other, that then close the elevator door shoulder to shoulder blocking any defender to Bouk and he'd hit a 3. I also watched him run down a player and make a wicked block. I had no doubt he was as good as anybody I saw and could be the 2 and done he wanted to be. On the other hand, I think he is even better than I thought.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom