Bouknight Preseason Debut | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Bouknight Preseason Debut

Reaction Score
on a side-note, bones hyland is really lighting up preseason. what a backcourt that would have been...
Would've been fun. But considering we will have RJ Cole for potentially two more years (if I remember right the choice was between Cole and Bones?) I think we picked right. Really shows DH's eye for talent though.

Reaction Score
How many minutes do you guys think he will average in the regular season? The Hornets are really deep, especially on the wings and they are trying to be a playoff team (not a play-in game team) in a very competitive East. But it appears he will get a shot to be in the rotation for sure.

I would guess 15-25 mins depending on game flow. He could spell Terry, Martin, Oubre for a few mins. Hell, he might even start. They could go Ball, Terry, Bouk, Bridges, and Washington.

Reaction Score
Hayward will certainly start. I think you are correct on the minutes though.

Reaction Score
IMO.. Bouk still has no idea how good he is.. A work in progress.

With MJ as a mentor. Sky is the limit.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Bouknight likely starting tomorrow

Reaction Score
IMO.. Bouk still has no idea how good he is.. A work in progress.

With MJ as a mentor. Sky is the limit.
I don't think that MJ has ever really been a mentor. He gives advice sometimes.

When MJ and RIP were with the Wizards, he and RIP were playing one on one waiting for the team bus to the airport. Rip had beaten him a couple of games and "the mentor" wouldn't leave until he finally beat RIP. Held up the team and the bus. True.

Reaction Score

When MJ and RIP were with the Wizards, he and RIP were playing one on one waiting for the team bus to the airport. Rip had beaten him a couple of games and "the mentor" wouldn't leave until he finally beat RIP. Held up the team and the bus. True.
I believe its true that MJ sees himself as helping his younger guys with occasional advice. He could be called a mentor if the mentee listens. He will reach out to the rookie/younger player w/talent. Bouk listens.

IMO. He sees the potential in Bouk and perhaps --A flash or two of a younger MJ.

True

Reaction Score
I believe its true that MJ sees himself as helping his younger guys with occasional advice. He could be called a mentor if the mentee listens. He will reach out to the rookie/younger player w/talent. Bouk listens.

IMO. He sees the potential in Bouk and perhaps --A flash or two of a younger MJ.

True

Its amazing that over 25 years of evidence people still view MJ like this - Guy is a bad NBA executive who has destroyed as many players as he has helped.

Charlotte is always trash and has won nothing because Jordan is bad at his job.

Reaction Score
Its amazing that over 25 years of evidence people still view MJ like this - Guy is a bad NBA executive who has destroyed as many players as he has helped.

Charlotte is always trash and has won nothing because Jordan is bad at his job.
Its amazing that people think JB can't benefit from MJ's advice as a ball player

BTW.Never said anything about his skills as an exec. The proof is self-evident

Reaction Score

Rip literally called him his mentor, this board has a weird thing where y'all like to speak on these guys relationships as if y'all know them personally.

Reaction Score
Rip literally called him his mentor, this board has a weird thing where y'all like to speak on these guys relationships as if y'all know them personally.

Yep, Rip credits MJ with his mid-range jumper and turning him into an all-star player.

Reaction Score
I don't get it. Rip was a mid-range assassin before he ever met MJ. Curious where he got that idea from
That's true. I presume MJ encouraged him to keep using it and to refine it so he could use it more in different situations. A lot of the skill with shooting is getting good opportunities to use it. I'm sure MJ loved Rip's work ethic and his constant movement on the floor. MJ loves relentless workers.

Reaction Score

Great story , assuming it’s true.

Reaction Score
how is he different from malik monk?
let me guess, create his own shot

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Bouk injured scrambling for a ball on the last play of the game, looked like he was holding his calf. Miami ends up gets a open layup and 1 for the win. Bouk looked WINDED during the Miami run at the end.

Reaction Score
Bouk injured scrambling for a ball on the last play of the game, looked like he was holding his calf. Miami ends up gets a open layup and 1 for the win. Bouk looked WINDED during the Miami run at the end.

Staying healthy is the thing that would hold him back.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Staying healthy is the thing that would hold him back.
Yep, and energy management. I believe he needs to add like 10 more pounds of lean muscle mass. I don’t know if he can make it through an 82 game season right now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom