Bouknight Preseason Debut | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bouknight Preseason Debut

Reaction Score
I don't know what his coaches are telling him to do/work on, but 16 shot attempts with 0 assists isn't ideal. Playing into what his detractors said of his game.

Reaction Score
I don't know what his coaches are telling him to do/work on, but 16 shot attempts with 0 assists isn't ideal. Playing into what his detractors said of his game.
agreed, but i think a lot of people have him penciled in as as "instant offense/microwave scorer" type guy, who can be the sixth man on a good team. i imagine his coaches are just telling him to let it fly at this point.

Reaction Score
agreed, but i think a lot of people have him penciled in as as "instant offense/microwave scorer" type guy, who can be the sixth man on a good team. i imagine his coaches are just telling him to let it fly at this point.
I agree here and feel dirty saying this but his game currently reminds me quite a bit of Dion Waiters...pure scorer and doesn't do a whole lot else...yet. I like to think that's his floor in the league (minus being a total head case) and he'll develop into a much more complete player especially at an intriguing young team like Charlotte.

Reaction Score
Beyond the scoring, Bouk has hustled pretty well on defense and on the glass in the pre-season. His knack for rebounding was apparent at UConn, and he's made some impressive defensive plays so far these last two games. I think those attributes of his game are going to be really important this season and should help with the perception that he is a one-dimensional player.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Bouknight with the poster!! Struggled in the first half (the whole Hornets team did) but has 17 and counting in the second.

Yeah, that was filthy. Took off a foot outside the circle with only average momentum towards the rim and had plenty of room to spare on that dunk.

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
Always things to nitpick at with players games, especially rookies. He had a horrendous 1st half - zero points, zero assists & one rebound. But instead of sulking, he opted to go off for 17 in the 2nd - scoring seemingly at will from all 3-levels [including that wicked dunk]. Mental toughness, combined with a short memory go a long way.

Reaction Score
How many minutes do you guys think he will average in the regular season? The Hornets are really deep, especially on the wings and they are trying to be a playoff team (not a play-in game team) in a very competitive East. But it appears he will get a shot to be in the rotation for sure.

Reaction Score
How many minutes do you guys think he will average in the regular season? The Hornets are really deep, especially on the wings and they are trying to be a playoff team (not a play-in game team) in a very competitive East. But it appears he will get a shot to be in the rotation for sure.
In the first game he played the last 5 minutes of the 1st Q, the last 5 of the 3rd Q, and then garbage time. And then last game he played basically the same plus the last 5-6 min of the 2Q with Oubre and Hayward out. It seems likely he'll carve out a role of the last 5-6 min of the first 3 quarters and then a couple spot minutes in the 4th. Something like 18-24 minutes a game.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
He’s basically leading their second unit at the moment. He’ll be in their rotation for sure. He’s essentially their monk replacement.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Fran chimes in

Typically these tough cocky city kids aren’t as willing to be coached as hard as Bouk is. Good point by coach. Caron comes to mind in this aspect.

Reaction Score
He would do well in the role of the sixth man. The scoring option off the bench.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
His knutz are going to be on a defender's chest or face more than once this season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom