Bouknight may not be affected by lack of NBA scouts at games, but others could | The Boneyard

Bouknight may not be affected by lack of NBA scouts at games, but others could

Reaction Score
Interesting article from Dave Borges with quotes from scouts.

“He did the right thing. He went back to school and worked on his game,” said the Western Conference scout, who has seen Bouknight play in person several times. “His skill level’s at another level now. He’s playing with a lot more confidence. He was interesting last year as a guy who had different abilities, but nothing was defined yet. His shooting was OK, nothing great. Decision-making wasn’t at a point where he kind of had a feel. Everything: his handle, the way he gets where he needs to go, he’s a lot more aggressive offensively, a lot more confidence in his shooting now, which opens up a lot more stuff for him.”

Alternate free access: Bouknight may not be affected by lack of NBA scouts at games, but others could be hurt

Reaction Score
So the premise is Bouk is established enough that the lack of scouts at games will not hurt him. Scouts know who Bouk is already.

Cool theory I suppose. You might even take it further. The lack of scouts could help Bouk and anyone who's already established as a lottery pick or first round guy. No need for the scouts to discover they like someone else more. Obviously some opportunities to move up could be lost, but maybe that doesn't matter. Most are probably content just getting into the 1st round.

This logic probably applies to anyone but the projected 1st pick.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
It makes me want to puke that the state may be negatively affecting his draft stock by not allowing scouts into practice. Test them, mask them, make them adhere to distancing and there’s no way they’re bringing something in. We’ve had multiple positives. Whatever we’re doing isn’t even working.

Reaction Score
It makes me want to puke that the state may be negatively affecting his draft stock by not allowing scouts into practice. Test them, mask them, make them adhere to distancing and there’s no way they’re bringing something in. We’ve had multiple positives. Whatever we’re doing isn’t even working.
We've had 2 pauses already, it's more important UConn play games for Bouknight than scouts see him practice....not worth the risk however small.

Reaction Score
This post is so logically inconsistent it's beautiful.

Reaction Score
Bouknight will be fine. Film doesn't lie. I think the biggest issue for NBA scouts is if they can workout guys and get to know them. We will end up seeing more mistakes than usual because of that. Athletic testing is going to be more crucial. I think the eye test can be worked around, but it help validate the film and workouts.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
If coming back to school helped Bouk so much, imagine how much better he would be next year if he stays one more year at this rate of improvement ?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We've had 2 pauses already, it's more important UConn play games for Bouknight than scouts see him practice....not worth the risk however small.

The reality is that the risk of allowing 4-8 scouts scattered across the empty lower bowl is as close to zero as you are going to get.

As for the article, it will be interesting to see how the draft goes this year. Freshmen who haven't been scouted in person could be most affected. The top kids should be fine, but you could see teams deciding between a guy they've seen a few time and a guy they haven't, and going with the guy they've seen. It could actually help James.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom