Bouknight last nite | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bouknight last nite

Reaction Score
Bouk hits the floor a lot because he can contort his body at crazy acrobatic angles and still get his shot off in traffic going to the rim. When you do that sometimes it's inpossible to land on your feet regardless of if you take contact or not. They are just simply not under you at these crazy angles after you release the ball That's an amazing skill to have but can also make you prone to injury. He obviously also needs to get stronger so he could better absorb contact but being on the frail side isn't the only reason he's always on the floor. His playing style, athleticism, and crazy body control lend him to that as well.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I disagree. This is 100% who and what Bouk is right now. He simply doesn't have the physical constitution or fortitude to withstand the rigors of even an abbreviated college basketball season like this one, much less a normal season; or much, much less an NBA season. His body is just not ready; not sure whether his head is, either, but the next couple (I hope!) weeks could go a long way to developing him in that respect.

I am not suggesting that he will or should stay another year because the conventional wisdom is that he is likely to be a lottery pick, and honestly if I was one of his family members I would be like Marcee Tidwell watching every game. But he is a sophomore who has played less than a season and a half of college basketball, and exactly two post season games. He has a lot of seasoning yet to come before we see anything close to the finished product.
I dont think he has any business going to the NBA after this season. He will not have much of an effect his first season because hes just physically not even close to where he needs to be. I hope someone gets in his ear and he comes back because he could find himself having a very short NBA career. Hes got a ton of talent but physically he is nowhere near ready.

Reaction Score
The NBA drafts you on talent/potential. What you eventually can be. Being ready physically your first year is optimal but not a must for a gpod career. College isn't the only place a player can get stronger and develop physically. If he's a lottery pick, should he risk serious injury going back to school? Would you? Doesn''t matter anyway. He's already made clear his intent.

Reaction Score
He goes to the NBA after the season. I would love another year with him at UConn but it isn't going to happen
Can't we dream and be selfish to want him back? I don't know if the body building and extra year of maturity comes better in college for him than pros but I just think that Rip and Ray were 3 year players and they did OK. I know it's not the trend these days.

Reaction Score
The Simpsons Reaction GIF

This is an absolute star-studded HOF thread...many of the best of the worst BY posters represented!

Reaction Score
Still feeling the affects of Thursday. Noticeably less spring in his step and burst in his drive. Needed someone else to step up.

Sanogo was dominating but spent too much time in foul trouble, Cole got hurt, Polley and Martin couldn't score, Jackson and Gaffney were non factors.

We scored 56, if you were to script how we should lose it would be this. I thought it was a great effort from everyone, just not our night.

Main criticism is with Dan, he made wholesale hockey line substitutions and the 2nd squad couldn't protect the leads.

At.one point he had Whaley, Carlton, Polley, Jackson and Gaffney on the court at the same time for a good 3 minutes. Can't have that. It's a recipe for empty possessions, which is exactly what happend.
Not once did he have Carlton and Sanogo on the floor at the same time, if he had done that the outcome of the game might have been different. Also in doing that Creighton could not have afforded to double team Bouknight.

Reaction Score
I disagree. This is 100% who and what Bouk is right now. He simply doesn't have the physical constitution or fortitude to withstand the rigors of even an abbreviated college basketball season like this one, much less a normal season; or much, much less an NBA season. His body is just not ready; not sure whether his head is, either, but the next couple (I hope!) weeks could go a long way to developing him in that respect.

I am not suggesting that he will or should stay another year because the conventional wisdom is that he is likely to be a lottery pick, and honestly if I was one of his family members I would be like Marcee Tidwell watching every game. But he is a sophomore who has played less than a season and a half of college basketball, and exactly two post season games. He has a lot of seasoning yet to come before we see anything close to the finished product.
If I was an NBA scout and saw the cramping problems over the season, I would be concerned. Perhaps the next level can do a better job medically to address this. There have been many players who have sat out this year with injuries and have not experienced this high level of cramping upon returning.

Reaction Score
I think getting that tourney experience is very valuable as a freshmen conference tourney and even if it’s the NIT. Something Bouk missed out on last year, hopefully he gets better from this experience and the team does.

Reaction Score
The NBA drafts you on talent/potential. What you eventually can be. Being ready physically your first year is optimal but not a must for a gpod career. College isn't the only place a player can get stronger and develop physically. If he's a lottery pick, should he risk serious injury going back to school? Would you? Doesn''t matter anyway. He's already made clear his intent.
Yup. And the first contract you get may be your last. I wish him the best.

Reaction Score
Bouk hits the floor a lot because he can contort his body at crazy acrobatic angles and still get his shot off in traffic going to the rim. When you do that sometimes it's inpossible to land on your feet regardless of if you take contact or not. They are just simply not under you at these crazy angles after you release the ball That's an amazing skill to have but can also make you prone to injury. He obviously also needs to get stronger so he could better absorb contact but being on the frail side isn't the only reason he's always on the floor. His playing style, athleticism, and crazy body control lend him to that as well.
Ton of offensive talent. Check out his body. His legs. Very spindly. Truly doesn’t work well in NBA. Might but needs to develop his body. NBA players will physically force him from doing what he would like to do.

Reaction Score
Ton of offensive talent. Check out his body. His legs. Very spindly. Truly doesn’t work well in NBA. Might but needs to develop his body. NBA players will physically force him from doing what he would like to do.
This particular post is about him being on the floor a lot at UConn, not about if he is ready physically for the NBA. As for the NBA, he's leaving. He can work on his body the minute the season ends all the way up to his rookies season. They do have strength and conditioning programs also. Quite good ones. He's most likely a lottery pick. Can't fault the kid. Whether he's ready to crush it right out of the shoot is somewhat irrelevant. The NBA drafts on potential, not how ready a player is physically ready day 1. Im sure it would be optimal if that was the case but it's not a prerequisite. Would you risk lottery money with the chance of a major injury? He got hurt this year and witnessed Akok have a borderline career altering injury last year. Can't blame the kid and his family even if he struggles a bit year one with the physicality of the league.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom