Bouknight is back | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bouknight is back

Status
Not open for further replies.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Bouknight picked a good time to return to form, in a showcase game that had coaches from over 40 schools looking on, including numerous head coaches, like Temple’s Fran Dunphy, UConn’s Dan Hurley and more.

Though he hadn’t been on the court in a significant way for some time, his recruitment was still going strong. Saturday’s performance is sure to only keep that going.

“UConn, Virginia Tech has been talking to me a lot, Virginia Commonwealth. I can’t really go through them all in my head, it’s a lot,” he said. “Right now, I’m just keeping my recruitment open, I’m not making any decisions.”

Bouknight said he’s looking for “a school that plays fast, play with a lot of freedom, gets in the open court...a team that has a good culture.”

Hoop Group Summer Jam Fest Notebook (July 21)

UconnU

Reaction Score
What I like most about this prospect is how easy the game comes to him, he's a natural, he's a coaches son. He can score on all three levels and makes it look so easy and is probably a better player defensively than offensively. The word from his PSA teammates is that fully healthy he's every bit as good as Anthony. I know this video has been posted but it's worth re-posting because it's one of the best highlight reels I've seen, this is what he looks like at 100%. This is against the best competition in New England.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What I like most about this prospect is how easy the game comes to him, he's a natural, he's a coaches son. He can score on all three levels and makes it look so easy and is probably a better player defensively than offensively. The word from his PSA teammates is that fully healthy he's every bit as good as Anthony. I know this video has been posted but it's worth re-posting because it's one of the best highlight reels I've seen, this is what he looks like at 100%. This is against the best competition in New England.

That mixtape is pretty bland to me. But his latest one is not. What impresses me is the change in his body and improvement skill-wise. Looks like a different player in aau.

FYI--not all nepsac is the same. Their schedule isn't like Brewster's. Better than public school, but we're not talking jersey private school leagues or top nepsac schools, which ARE the actual top competition in the country.

UconnU

Reaction Score
That mixtape is pretty bland to me. But his latest one is not. What impresses me is the change in his body and improvement skill-wise. Looks like a different player in aau.

FYI--not all nepsac is the same. Their schedule isn't like Brewster's. Better than public school, but we're not talking jersey private school leagues or top nepsac schools, which ARE the actual top competition in the country.
I don't see how this tape is bland, he's scoring on all levels, finishing through contact hitting difficult shots, half the highlights are him rejecting shots. He's still playing the top competition, best prep schools in New England; Masters, Loomis, South Kent, Brewster. Remember before he transferred to Macduffie he was all NY City as a sophomore. At one point he was top 40 in his class.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I don't see how this tape is bland, he's scoring on all levels, finishing through contact hitting difficult shots, half the highlights are him rejecting shots. He's still playing the top competition, best prep schools in New England; Masters, Loomis, South Kent, Brewster. Remember before he transferred to Macduffie he was all NY City as a sophomore. At one point he was top 40 in his class.

South Kent and Brewster fit your “best” descriptor; Masters and Loomis do not.

UconnU

Reaction Score
South Kent and Brewster fit your “best” descriptor; Masters and Loomis do not.
The point was that he's playing prep schools, not public school competition. Put Loomis in like the FCIAC or something and they win the league easily.

Reaction Score
Yup. Love his game. Real nice combination of athleticism/coordination, basketball skills, and natural instincts both physical and mental on the court.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44