Bouknight Draft Watch | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Bouknight Draft Watch

Reaction Score
Imo Bouk's durability will be the biggest concern for a GM. He has all the tools to be a great player at the next level. No way he's lasting until 18. But unless he goes real early their are going to be a few gms that are going to regret passing on him. You may think I'm crazy but I see some Ja Morant in Bouk

Reaction Score
I was talking with my dad about this last night.

Luka went 3, Trae Young went 5, devin booker went 13.

even the GMs don’t know what they’re doing, let alone Chad Ford lol. Anyone who lets Bouk drop below 7 is going to be kicking themselves for a decade+

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
Chad Ford used to be the main ESPN Draft Insider — his articles were behind a paywall. He’s since been banished to Hawaii and hosts a wildly unpopular podcast.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I was talking with my dad about this last night.

Luka went 3, Trae Young went 5, devin booker went 13.

even the GMs don’t know what they’re doing, let alone Chad Ford lol. Anyone who lets Bouk drop below 7 is going to be kicking themselves for a decade+

some of it is really hard.

The best college players are not the best pro prospects

Some guys need to find the right system to thrive in.

it’s really hard

Reaction Score
GMs are rolling the dice on prospects.. It's about whose talents fit their needs based on their research of the draft prospect.

Bouk has an appealing physical and non-physical tool kit.. What team wants to invest in him?

They won't be disappointed.

Reaction Score
GMs are rolling the dice on prospects.. It's about whose talents fit their needs based on their research of the draft prospect.

Bouk has an appealing physical and non-physical tool kit.. What team wants to invest in him?

They won't be disappointed.

Moneyball_Adapt_or_Die.gif

the Q

Reaction Score
Keon Johnson has a similar profile (better defensively, worse offensively but similar weaknesses re: playmaking and shooting) but nearly everyone remains high on him, which I find odd. There is no consistency among media scouts. Those with Cam Thomas over Bouk is complete insanity to me.

Hollinger has bouk over Keon on his athletic board.

But he also gives bouk a Clarkson comp…

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Hollinger has bouk over Keon on his athletic board.

But he also gives bouk a Clarkson comp…

I can definitely see a Clarkson comp, actually.

I was trying to think of a scorer who he reminds me of, I think he's more complete a player than Clarkson but playing style and scoring ability, I can see.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm not sure why we try to find comps. I don't think he has a comp. His unique combination of athleticism, spatial awareness and skills mean he should be a player that thrives in the presence of other great players. Especially unselfish players.

Fit will be key for Bouknight.

the Q

Reaction Score
Standing reach 8ft
Wingspan 6’8 1/4

That is a lot less than 7 ft, but still manageable

Reaction Score
Standing reach 8ft
Wingspan 6’8 1/4
Are you sure that standing reach number is accurate? His wingspan is right in line or like 1/2 inch longer than all the other great shooting guards in the league who are his size but Bouknight's standing reach puts him much less than them.

Reaction Score
Standing reach 8ft
Wingspan 6’8 1/4

Great to hear he had a + wingspan. He's no JLamb but it isn't going to hurt him much. Maybe a neutral since it' about where other guys are, slightly longer than a few.

Standing reach is substally lower than other 6'5 guys in the league. That might hurt him in some GMs eyes that are big on measurables. How sure are you it's right? It doesn't add up next to other guys with similar wingspans.

Considering his dunking ability, you gotta think he's over 40 inches for his vertical though. That will push him to a top 10 pick.

Reaction Score
Great to hear he had a + wingspan. He's no JLamb but it isn't going to hurt him much. Maybe a neutral since it' about where other guys are, slightly longer than a few.

Standing reach is substally lower than other 6'5 guys in the league. That might hurt him in some GMs eyes that are big on measurables. How sure are you it's right? It doesn't add up next to other guys with similar wingspans.

Considering his dunking ability, you gotta think he's over 40 inches for his vertical though. That will push him to a top 10 pick.
Let me reconfirm…..does seem low.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score

Yeah that standing reach is the same as guys with a significantly shorter wingspan. Not sure how that would be possible.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom