Bouknight Draft Watch | Page 39 | The Boneyard

Bouknight Draft Watch

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
He has that “10 teams just made a huge mistake” type look in his eyes.

Reaction Score
Great place for Bouk to land. Would have love GSW at 7 or Pelicans at 10. This is good though.

Reaction Score
They just said Kobe was drafted 13th. Bouk has little reason not to celebrate and a lot of reason to prove them all wrong.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I wouldn't even say Bouk looked miserable, that's just his demeanor. He looked like that the entire 2 years he was here and the entire time we recruited him too. And so many people criticized him for it the entire time
Exactly. If Bouk was picked 1st he would look the same. No jumping up and down for sure.

Reaction Score
It is why he slipped, Bouk had flaws this year and those were the flaws. Fragile, loose handle. He’ll be a good pro, but that’s what hurt him. Many knew it, fanboys didn’t.

I’m not a Giddey fan. I just know 6’9” guards are rare and he played very well as a young player in a very good Australian league.
You say that about Bouk like Giddey doesn't have his flaws, you guys don't even watch the NBA I know for damn sure y'all not watching the NBL to see Giddey.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't even say Bouk looked miserable, that's just his demeanor. He looked like that the entire 2 years he was here and the entire time we recruited him too. And so many people criticized him for it the entire time
When was Bouk criticized for his demeanor? I remember a lot of posters doing it with Akok.

Reaction Score
You say that about Bouk like Giddey doesn't have his flaws, you guys don't even watch the NBA I know for damn sure y'all not watching the NBL to see Giddey.

Yea I’m just a Bouk fanboy not someone that’s just realistic

Reaction Score
He was bummed tonight but this is a blessing, he's going to tear it up.
Imagine being a Hornets fan who knows little about Bouk, and don't know what's behind his lack of excitement. UConn fans have an idea but Hornet fans could have easily taken it in a bad way. I wished someone would have spoken to Bouk about 'acting' when disappointed.

I recall Bazz, and the turmoil he was going through all evening but managed to smile and 'act' like he was happy when his name was called. He brushed it off like the Champ he was.

Reaction Score
When was Bouk criticized for his demeanor? I remember a lot of posters doing it with Akok.
There was definitely some of it this year after he was hurt and people saying he was checked out on the team, pretty much all the same comments people made about Akok

Edit: Basically all the comments just made in the post right above mine

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Imagine being a Hornets fan who knows little about Bouk, and don't know what's behind his lack of excitement. UConn fans have an idea but Hornet fans could have easily taken it in a bad way. I wished someone would have spoken to Bouk about 'acting' when disappointed.

I recall Bazz, and the turmoil he was going through all evening but managed to smile and 'act' like he was happy when his name was called. He brushed it off like the Champ he was.
If you’re a basketball fan and you watch Bouknights highlight real and then you see him not acting how you want him to act and sour on him coming to your team you’re the wrong kind of fan.

Reaction Score
Yea I’m just a Bouk fanboy not someone that’s just realistic
The thing with Giddey is, he’s a 6’9”” guard that no one knows jack about except the team that drafted him. The point is, why tear him down in support of Bouk, a very talented, but fragile and turnover prone college player with a loose handle? The issue is not Giddey, it is people thinking Bouk showed so much more. He didn’t, he’s being drafted on potential, just like Giddey. Bouk will likely be better in the end, but admittedly, I’m a Bouk fan, so I’m biased. Giddey is 18 for God sake. You don’t know anything about him except that you’ve never heard of him. Great case.

Reaction Score
If you’re a basketball fan and you watch Bouknights highlight real and then you see him not acting how you want him to act and sour on him coming to your team you’re the wrong kind of fan.
I wasn't talking about fans souring but possibly hurt (hence taking it the wrong way). They love the pick and I suspect want to be assured he loves it too. They couldn't read it in his reaction, is the point I was making.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Exactly. If Bouk was picked 1st he would look the same. No jumping up and down for sure.
I disagree. He looked basically expressionless through his UConn career. But showed flashes of high emotion. Tonight he looked miserable.

Reaction Score
The thing with Giddey is, he’s a 6’9”” guard that no one knows jack about except the team that drafted him. The point is, why tear him down in support of Bouk, a very talented, but fragile and turnover prone college player with a loose handle? The issue is not Giddey, it is people thinking Bouk showed so much more. He didn’t, he’s being drafted on potential, just like Giddey. Bouk will likely be better in the end, but admittedly, I’m a Bouk fan, so I’m biased. Giddey is 18 for God sake. You don’t know anything about him except that you’ve never heard of him. Great case.
Everyone who follows this stuff knows and has watched Giddey and the people who do this stuff for a living and their jobs depend on it know him a lot better. He didn't come out of nowhere, nobody does nowadays.

Reaction Score
There's the famous Jordan smiling with the laptop picture floating around on basketball boards about how excited he is about his future backcourt but it's definitely ban worthy if posted here.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Everyone who follows this stuff knows and has watched Giddey and the people who do this stuff for a living and their jobs depend on it know him a lot better. He didn't come out of nowhere, nobody does nowadays.
Even people who don’t follow this stuff expected something like this:
I have zero insight into any particular player in this draft, but wouldn't it be rare if there wasn't a single foreign player in the top 20? Usually there are several, no?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom