OT: - Bouknight and Whaley playing together in Bridgeport, CT tomorrow | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Bouknight and Whaley playing together in Bridgeport, CT tomorrow

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
You wouldn’t trade your bank account with JB’s?
Maybe today but would someone in 10 years from now be the question.

How he spends his money is up to him but by June 2024 he will have made over $10M. For someone to match that in 10 years, they'd have to make an almost incalculable amount of money (Whatever $10m divided by 10 comes out to).

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Bouk's salary numbers.
I'll leave it up the masses to figure out how many years at their current salary they'd have to work to make JB kind of money.

Reaction Score
Anyone else in the building? Sparsely attended to say the least…

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
The game is on MSG 2 Network. There were bigger crowds at the UConn women's games in the early 1980's :p

Reaction Score
I’m watching. Can’t be more than 100 people in the arena. Wow.
Accurate. If I get bored in the 3rd quarter I’ll get a head count. I mentioned it earlier in the thread but it’s kind of surreal being here. If they weren’t playing music during the game you’d be able to hear everything said on the court.

Bouk has had some nice moves but hasn’t been hitting his shots. Think he has 8 points on two layups and a couple foul shots (in G League you take 1 FT which is worth 2 points or 3 if fouled on a three pointer). Whaley was very involved screening and play-making off the short roll in the first quarter but I believe he just has two points.

Reaction Score
Accurate. If I get bored in the 3rd quarter I’ll get a head count. I mentioned it earlier in the thread but it’s kind of surreal being here. If they weren’t playing music during the game you’d be able to hear everything said on the court.

Bouk has had some nice moves but hasn’t been hitting his shots. Think he has 8 points on two layups and a couple foul shots (in G League you take 1 FT which is worth 2 points or 3 if fouled on a three pointer). Whaley was very involved screening and play-making off the short roll in the first quarter but I believe he just has two points.
Bouk is playing with the intensity of someone who would rather be anywhere on earth other than in a G League game in Bridgeport.

Reaction Score
Bouk is playing with the intensity of someone who would rather be anywhere on earth other than in a G League game in Bridgeport.
He has certainly picked it up in the second half. Team high 16 points. Greensboro having trouble scoring in general

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I think the point of the post here is that regardless of his availability, he’s not getting the minutes and when he is, he’s not performing to NBA standards.
The Hornets as a team aren’t doing very well according to NBA standards

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
I hope he has saved his money. Did they pick up his option for next year?

Nba teams will be patient with talent, but not immaturity. At end of day, he has to show he is worth investment. He hasn’t shown that. Could be out if league by end of the year.

Charlotte will either trade him as ballast, or he will just become a free agent end of year.

Reaction Score

Nba teams will be patient with talent, but not immaturity. At end of day, he has to show he is worth investment. He hasn’t shown that. Could be out if league by end of the year.

Charlotte will either trade him as ballast, or he will just become a free agent end of year.
I agree. I unfortunately don’t see a bright future for him over seas either

Slow success builds character
Fast success builds ego

Hopefully, he matures and becomes the player we hope he can be someday. I guess we have to wait until then

Reaction Score

Yes, they picked up his option.

Reaction Score
“We take pride in that,” Whaley said Tuesday afternoon, sitting courtside after a shootaround at Total Mortgage Arena, hours before a game against the Westchester Knicks. “At halftime of our game, if UConn is playing, Donyell will come over and be like, ‘Yo, we're up five.' And we'll look at each other, like, ‘C'mon!’”

Alternate free link:

Former Husky Isaiah Whaley finds UConn men’s basketball flavor on NBA G League team: ‘Take pride in that’

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
People want UConn to play games there?

The cheapest ticket with fees is close to $30 (ticketbastard, I'm sure you can walk-up for the $20 face price). I can't imagine they had more than a dozen paying customers in the arena last night.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom