Bouknight #10 on ESPN draft board | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bouknight #10 on ESPN draft board

Status
Not open for further replies.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Last year there was a guy who had very few posts that said they ran into Hurley at an East Catholic game and that Hurley said Bouk would be a lottery pick 2021. At that point Bouknight was not on any draftboards.

Reaction Score
While we're sharing our concerns, I'm concerned that if I were a 20 year old kid 7 months or so from being a first round NBA draft pick there is a pretty good chance that I would say "the hell with this," sign with an agent, get myself a condo in Santa Barbara or Miami, and work with a trainer for the next few months to get ready for the draft. At what point does this season become more of a hassle than it's worth for guys like Bouknight?

Edit: I should have read TCF's post before posting. Oh well.

Only thing keeping Bouknight here is he wants to be here, and wants to be a part of the team. I think we could see a lot of players leave right now if season goes on hiatus for a couple of months. It really seems to be a miserable experience.

Reaction Score
Too early. James has shown flashes though but need to see more if he's going to remain a possible lottery pick
Who needs to see more? NBA has seen enough. LOL. Reminds me of Rick Pitino recruiting Kobe Bryant and wondering if he could start for Kentucky. Jerry West then says he would have taken Kobe No. 1 overall that year.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't say he's a lottery lock as of now. Big east going to be a great opportunity for him to show what he can do

Reaction Score
Too early? And who at his position would you put ahead of him? Players are drafted on potential...

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Bouknight scoring 27 in the New York State Championship leading La Salle to a Champion as a sophomore...

Reaction Score
Bouk is a scoring beast...NBA knew that from his games last year. I hope we get a chance to see him more in a UConn uniform. If not we'll see him at the 2021 NBA draft with Hurley by his side.

Reaction Score
I don’t think he opts out - listen to his interviews - he’s a gamer and wants to play. A Hurley-type player doesn’t opt out - that’s a Kentucky move. But if he were to, I wouldn’t blame him

Reaction Score
SI and USA Today have him in lottery range as well.

I’m more concerned about getting only 10 games out of a 2nd year lottery pick. We haven’t had many true elite 2 guards in Uconn history(Ray every one else is a scoring pg/combo it seems)so it will be hard to see him go so soon.

Reaction Score
Not leaving when the iron is hot is a mistake. His development can be done in practice in the NBA or in college. Developing in the nba is probably the better option. Thinking otherwise is living in the past. College bball has one purpose for the top players. Provide exposure. If bouknight gets drafted first round, he's obtained enough exposure. Just being a lottery pick on the espn mock draft list may mean he has enough exposure.

We've lost better players. Long term it's a good thing. Its been a while since we developed an nba player. Glad to see we are back in the game a bit.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
There is no question that Bouk is a top NBA prospect. I'm much more concerned about whether he becomes a national player of the year candidate while he's here.

At this point, I'll just take getting a season so we can watch him play a little bit more here.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
This is why we need a season THIS YEAR.
I agree these types of prospects don’t come around very often, we need him to play as much as possible. Offensive package is elite, he can score in pretty much every way possible. I even believe he can play point at the next level with his crisp passing and ambidextrous ball handling.

Reaction Score
If Bouk doesn't play another game this year he’ll end up the #1 pick!

Reaction Score
enough with the kool aid

the only thing that matters right now is the iggles beasting the saints
jalen hurts ok

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics