Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1607693693725.png

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I don't know about some of these early rankings...how can they rank a guy in the top ten that has played just two college games and not looked spectacular in that limited sample?

I guess high school counts for potential in these early rankings that include freshmen.

I'd give a proven talent like Bouk..a higher rating.

Reaction Score
He should return for his junior year from a developmental standpoint. His tendency to "fade" is real. Of course, if this was a regular season, he would probably grow a lot over the course of the season. That said, once you seem like a lock for the lottery, it becomes a smart business decision to move on.

Reaction Score
Serves UConn better if Bouk jumps to the NBA just to showcase to recruits that we can develop kids fast. Once again you get drafted on potential and not on your resume. Took me no time to figure out Cade Cunningham is the #1 pick and that USC Mobley kid is the real deal.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
On a positive note, even if we don't see him play again in a UConn uni (which would suck) he'd be the first player to leave the program with a winning career record in at least 4 or 5 years!

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
This is one of the best draft classes in years too. Bouk is definitely going in the lottery. He jumps out on tape, a team will fall in love with him.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
It is a simple decision. If the money is there you take it.

Selfishly I would love him to come back another season, but he has to do what is best for his prosperity and a big paycheck goes a long way if managed correctly.

Reaction Score
He'll be 22 when he reaches the NBA if he comes back, 3-4 years old than the majority of guys teams will be choosing between in the lottery. Unless something goes horribly wrong this season, he's gone
Could see if the season goes off the rails, him leaving even earlier. That’s more likely than him staying.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Same. Part of me is just waiting for him to opt out this season and start training for the NBA Draft.
I don’t see him doing that. He still has room to move up. Teams want to see him play a little more.

Reaction Score
He absolutely not should come back next year. And I'd be surprised if he's not considering opting out in favor of some performance academy and training 24/7 until the draft, IF the season keeps getting pushed out

Reaction Score
Same. Part of me is just waiting for him to opt out this season and start training for the NBA Draft.
This is so on point tcf. The season is already a steaming pile of crap. Why risk injury for what amounts to an exhibition and endanger your future earnings. One more “pause” could do it. Wish the kid luck either way.

Reaction Score
I'm concerned with whether we will actually get to see him play, and enjoy watching him as a UConn Husky.

While we're sharing our concerns, I'm concerned that if I were a 20 year old kid 7 months or so from being a first round NBA draft pick there is a pretty good chance that I would say "the hell with this," sign with an agent, get myself a condo in Santa Barbara or Miami, and work with a trainer for the next few months to get ready for the draft. At what point does this season become more of a hassle than it's worth for guys like Bouknight?

Edit: I should have read TCF's post before posting. Oh well.

Reaction Score
While we're sharing our concerns, I'm concerned that if I were a 20 year old kid 7 months or so from being a first round NBA draft pick there is a pretty good chance that I would say "the hell with this," sign with an agent, get myself a condo in Santa Barbara or Miami, and work with a trainer for the next few months to get ready for the draft. At what point does this season become more of a hassle than it's worth for guys like Bouknight?

Edit: I should have read TCF's post before posting. Oh well.

IMO at whatever point we don't think that we'll get to 13 games for the tourney would be when he should drop out. Pretty sure he could go work with Chris Brickley in Miami(? I think) any time he wants to.

Reaction Score
Too early. James has shown flashes though but need to see more if he's going to remain a possible lottery pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom