Bouk Club Poll - Who is the Comp? | The Boneyard

Bouk Club Poll - Who is the Comp?

Watching Bouk the last month, who do you consider his closest comp?

• Rip

Votes: 42 20.9%
  • Ray

Votes: 23 11.4%
  • Rudy

Votes: 12 6.0%
  • Caron

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • Lamb

Votes: 99 49.3%
  • Kemba

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Other

Votes: 15 7.5%
  • Madison Square Gordon

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Watching Bouk the last month, who do you consider his closest comp, adding together the hodge podge of skills, potential, fan excitement toward, potential game altering dominance, etc....

No real right or wrong answer in my eyes, almost more of a who does he make you most reminisce about when watching him.

Last edited:

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
He’s a scorer like Rip. Silky smooth.

Second place would be Jalen Adams in that he has slow starts. Hope this changes.

Reaction Score
To me, he is better than them all as a freshman in terms of ability to score in so many different ways. I don't remember any UConn freshman who could do all the things he does on offense. He scored 19 points Sunday with only 7 field goal attempts. You won't see that in the box score very often.

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
To me, he is better than them all as a freshman. I don't remember any UConn freshman who could do all the things he does on offense.

Rip, was similar to Bouk as a frosh but Rip had to take over because of player suspensions vice player injuries.

Overall, Bouk is more similar to Lamb with the near set shot on his J's and overall length on the floor.

Reaction Score
He reminds me a lot of RIP, with a dash of Ray around the rim. With RIP, you could tell he was a scorer on day 1. It was a just a matter of him getting a little strength and confidence.

Reaction Score
I don’t see the Lamb thing at all
or RiP.
His combination of skills remind me of of a smaller Rudy but I voted other because he reminds me so much of Tony Hanson.Rudy never had that same aggressive “I’m going to take this game over stop me if you think you can attitude” possessed by those two.

Reaction Score
lamb was twice the defender he is as a freshmen

Reaction Score
Lamb is the most logical comparison but I actually feel he has some traits of Caron. He’s not afraid to grab a rebound and he’s just kind of a badass.

Reaction Score
Silly thread. I don’t think he’s like any of them. He’s certainly no Caron but I think he might be better than Lamb

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
I always thought he is a taller Jalen Adams. Very similar skillset and playing style, but Bouk is 2-3 inches taller.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
I always thought he is a taller Jalen Adams. Very similar skillset and playing style, but Bouk is 2-3 inches taller.
I see the similarities but to me one of the biggest differences, besides being insanely more athletic, and this is a huge plus, is that Bouk doesn’t avoid contact at the rim like Jalen did. It would drive me nuts how many points every game Jalen would piss away because he just would not take the hit. How many more games would we have won with Adams getting another 2-3 points at the stripe each game?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The fact that he brings to mind so many different former Huskies shows that his game is more versatile than any of his predecessors. The kid is a talent like none we have seen before.

Reaction Score
To me, he is better than them all as a freshman. I don't remember any UConn freshman who could do all the things he does on offense.

He's not at the level of Rip or Ray's freshman years. I don't think he's as complete a scorer as Rip was at this point (watch Rip's highlights from the '97 NIT -- he could get wherever he wanted to and scored at will), and Rip was a better defender even as a freshman.

Ray was so explosive, even as a freshman, and was a better shooter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom