Bouk and Jackson | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bouk and Jackson

Reaction Score
Bouk is a very good player. The hurdle for getting drafted as a 2 is insanely high. Let's just enjoy Bouk and stop posting crazy stuff about the NBA draft.
It's obviously going to be talked about, he's a surefire future NBA player. I agree with enjoying watching him and not worrying about him leaving right away.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Bouk is a very good player. The hurdle for getting drafted as a 2 is insanely high. Let's just enjoy Bouk and stop posting crazy stuff about the NBA draft.
FWIW, he mentioned in his post game interview today that he’s trying to learn from AG and CV so that when they’re gone he can take over a leadership role. He has mentioned in the past that his main goal is to be one of the all time great Uconn guards and bring Uconn back to the top. I think it is possible that he stays even if he’s being told that he will be drafted.

Reaction Score
The hurdle for getting drafted as a 2 is insanely high.

Shooting Guards drafted in the 2019 NBA draft

Tyler Herro (13)
Romeo Langford (14)
Nickeil-Alexander Walker (17)
Jordan Poole (28)
Kevin Porter Jr. (30)

Bouknight's numbers are equal to or better than all of theirs. Yes- he needs to maintain this level over a whole season, so its slightly premature to talk NBA draft. But by that same logic, its foolish to be dismissive of the possibility that he is a first round pick based upon what we have seen.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Very good post. I agree that we may get a second year as he is slender and a bit undersized for an NBA 2. But when you are scoring 30 points per 40 minutes in your first handful of college games, you certainly get noticed. More than that though, it's the effortless way he scores in so many different ways. His highlights from today alone showcase the many things he does well, whether it's a putback, three, dunk, lay up or mid range. I can't think of a more complete offensive player we have had as a freshman, although I am sure Caron, Ray and Donyell were special in their own ways.

Caron was the most NBA ready freshman we’ve had except maybe Drummond. But his age was that of at least a junior and he had an NBA body when he got here. I’m looking forward to enjoying James as a Husky for a bit longer.

Reaction Score
He is good enough to declare after this year but I don’t think he will for 3 main reasons:

1) we join the Big East next year and instinct tells me he will want to be a part of that process with his young pals Gaffney and Jackson

2) his strength, he is still only 175lbs soaking wet. He gains a little more muscle strength and gets ready for an electrifying big east season his draft stock will rise higher than if he declared this year

3) national exposure: next year we may be a Top 10 team and I’m not just saying that bc I’m a UConn fan.We will have a plethora of NBA talent on the team next year and we will have deep big east and ncaa tourney runs. His national exposure will be much better his sophomore season

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
y'all forgot the part where James and Jalen came here 'to get UConn back, and try to win a championship.' that part. unless we win it all this year, in which case others would try to hit the draft, too. who could blame them? not me.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
y'all forgot the part where James and Jalen came here 'to get UConn back, and try to win a championship.' that part. unless we win it all this year, in which case others would try to hit the draft, too. who could blame them? not me.

That was before the guy was averaging more points than minutes.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
He is good enough to declare after this year but I don’t think he will for 3 main reasons:

1) we join the Big East next year and instinct tells me he will want to be a part of that process with his young pals Gaffney and Jackson

2) his strength, he is still only 175lbs soaking wet. He gains a little more muscle strength and gets ready for an electrifying big east season his draft stock will rise higher than if he declared this year

3) national exposure: next year we may be a Top 10 team and I’m not just saying that bc I’m a UConn fan.We will have a plethora of NBA talent on the team next year and we will have deep big east and ncaa tourney runs. His national exposure will be much better his sophomore season

If he is good enough to be picked in the Top 20, he should go to the NBA, and Hurley should throw him off the team if he doesn't want to go. There is no reason to risk injury or even a mediocre season by coming back if he is a guaranteed Top 20 pick.

So all of you that think Bouk is a lock for the first round because he scored 15 on Maine, enjoy him this year because he is gone at the end of the season.

Reaction Score
If he is good enough to be picked in the Top 20, he should go to the NBA, and Hurley should throw him off the team if he doesn't want to go. There is no reason to risk injury or even a mediocre season by coming back if he is a guaranteed Top 20 pick.

So all of you that think Bouk is a lock for the first round because he scored 15 on Maine, enjoy him this year because he is gone at the end of the season.
You always love a good strawman. You make up that Bouknight is a first round pick because he scored 15 against Maine and then keep hammering at the thing you made up.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
You always love a good strawman. You make up that Bouknight is a first round pick because he scored 15 against Maine and then keep hammering at the thing you made up.
It's obviously going to be talked about, he's a surefire future NBA player. I agree with enjoying watching him and not worrying about him leaving right away.

So you are predicting he is going to be a second round pick, but then make the League? That is a very specific prediction.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
So you are predicting he is going to be a second round pick, but then make the League? That is a very specific prediction.

That's another strawman.

Let me spell this out for you: people think Bouknight is going to make the NBA because he has elite offensive skills and good enough size for his position.

Reaction Score
Please stop with the strawman, it's tiring and makes you look desperate. You actually make some decent posts when you aren't doing your strawman routine.

Only thing I've said is that he's a surefire future NBA player and people on this board will talk about him and the NBA because of it. You chose to say he's a first round pick because he scored 15 against Maine.

I think we'll get him for a sophomore season and that's it.

Reaction Score
Lousy post and if you don't think he can play for Duke you should probably just stop watching basketball.
I think he's just saying that Duke and Kentucky players often get the benefit of the doubt whereas freshman from other schools have to perform better to get to one and done

Reaction Score
Still trying to process the fact That Hurley landed 2 nba players in his first full recruiting cycle. They’ll both probably be gone before I do

Hopefully his third signing this spring isnt a grad transfer. Cause if it is and bouk and akok leave after their sophomore years then we’ll have 6 empty scholarships to fill in 2021

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Love him, more of a role player, but he's going to be a great upperclassman for us.
I think he could be a Jerome Dyson type player, especially after seeing that dunk. He's not even two years in and getting good minutes on a guard dominated team. If he continues to improve he may be one of the hardest players to keep on the bench. Gaffney and Bouk being freshman have a great luxury in developing and learning without pressure.

Plus Hurley. Moore and Taliek were guards, so I do expect to see growth and perpetual domination with our backcourt for years to come. So exciting!

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
what makes you say this about Jackson? Have you seen him play recently? New highlights?

He just played the other night, went 4-8 from three and did his usual stuff dominating in transition.

Reaction Score
Bouk reminds me in limited games of course of a young Kawaii Leonard. Offense didn’t flow through him but he was able to maximize his touches and turn them into production. Beat Indiana for Christmas please!

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Bouk reminds me in limited games of course of a young Kawaii Leonard. Offense didn’t flow through him but he was able to maximize his touches and turn them into production. Beat Indiana for Christmas please!
Speaking of Indiana. We could really use them to win this game tonight against Florida State.

Reaction Score

He’s got a ton of potential. However he will get drafted much higher if he puts 15 pounds of muscle on and keeps working on his game.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
If you still think that it's automatically idiotic for a young black man to run from policemen, you need to be smarter.
Uh, it is usually a very bad idea, and often a precursor to bad things happening.

(Note: the poster you referred to didn't say it was idiotic, he just said it happened.)

Reaction Score
Uh, it is usually a very bad idea, and often a precursor to bad things happening.

(Note: the poster you referred to didn't say it was idiotic, he just said it happened.)

I don't disagree it's usually a bad idea, but if you try to put yourselves in someone else's shoes it shouldn't be hard to understand that otherwise rational young men would try to get away from the situation. My point was not that the poster was an idiot. My point was it's not fair to make a judgment about his judgment for a situation where, while he may have acted illegally, none of us who grew up white truly know if they would have acted the same way in his circumstances.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom