Bouk #10 Vecenie's Draft Big Board | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bouk #10 Vecenie's Draft Big Board

Reaction Score
If I’m an NBA GM I’d be really hesitant about drafting Bouknight. Amazing athletic ability but he’s just so frail. He’s a twig.

Reaction Score
If I’m an NBA GM I’d be really hesitant about drafting Bouknight. Amazing athletic ability but he’s just so frail. He’s a twig.
But he's a great finisher at the basket and through the contact. He can always lift weights. The skill and coordination leap off the screen. I've said it before, but despite the faster and quicker and more mobile athletes, the NBA has more space thanks to the deeper 3 and wider paint.

Reaction Score
This is one if the deepest drafts in years. A couple of studs at the top that could be franchise players.

Reaction Score
Who is the team that you'd most love to see him on their team given reasonable chance of drafting him?

Reaction Score
Who is the team that you'd most love to see him on their team given reasonable chance of drafting him?
Grizz for sure... Ja, Jaren Jackson, and Bouk would be a solid trio. Valanciunas and Brooks are solid pieces as well.

Reaction Score
  • #43 Derrick Alston, Boise State: 6'9 190 forward: He just looks like Durant/Gervin. Rail-thin but crafty, smooth handle, great shot (42.1 3p%) and was the team's leader in assists his junior year. Not a single D1 offer out of high school, worked his way from walk-on to Boise's alpha.
  • #66 Taevion Kinsey, Marshall: 6'5 185 lead guard: Would be dark-horse 1st round candidate if his defense was stronger. A do everything lead-guard offensively. Stats are often bloated in D'Antoni's system, but efficient too: 56.4 fg%, 44.4 3p%.
  • #79 Jason Preston - Ohio: 6'5 185 PG: Averages a near triple-double and has a two-way game. Just a really smooth, hard-nosed kid who earned his way where he is even without a single D1 offer out of HS.
These 3 guys are special...

I think Alston could lead Boise to the 2nd weekend.

Reaction Score
Grizz for sure... Ja, Jaren Jackson, and Bouk would be a solid trio. Valanciunas and Brooks are solid pieces as well.
oooof that would be one electric backcourt, I'm absolutely here for it.

Reaction Score
How high do you have him going?
I have him going 6-10. Cracking that top 5 will be difficult. However I wasn’t necessarily referring to him when I made that statement. The mocks are bs

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Realistically, I think Bouk could go anywhere from like 5-12. I took a quick look at the draft board the other day and i think he top 4-5 are probably more or less locked in. will depend on how far he takes us in march.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
He's #50 on that board.

Big East players on that list:
  • #10 - Bouk
  • #41 - Robinson-Earl
  • #46 - Champagnie
  • #48 - Duke
  • #53 - Mamu
  • #89 - Zegraowski
  • #90 - Scruggs
  • #105 - Garcia
  • #111 - Moore
  • #118 - Weems
Deep cuts who I've really enjoyed watching
  • #43 Derrick Alston, Boise State: 6'9 190 forward: He just looks like Durant/Gervin. Rail-thin but crafty, smooth handle, great shot (42.1 3p%) and was the team's leader in assists his junior year. Not a single D1 offer out of high school, worked his way from walk-on to Boise's alpha.
  • #66 Taevion Kinsey, Marshall: 6'5 185 lead guard: Would be dark-horse 1st round candidate if his defense was stronger. A do everything lead-guard offensively. Stats are often bloated in D'Antoni's system, but efficient too: 56.4 fg%, 44.4 3p%.
  • #76 RaiQuan Gray, Florida State: 6'8 260 PF: Watching a guy that big bring the ball the court is such fun to watch. Bit of a YMCA game to him, do a little bit of everything. Strong and crafty.
  • #79 Jason Preston - Ohio: 6'5 185 PG: Averages a near triple-double and has a two-way game. Just a really smooth, hard-nosed kid who earned his way where he is even without a single D1 offer out of HS.
  • #103 Andre Curbelo, Illinois: 6'1 175 PG: One of the most poised and confident freshman I've seen in a long time. Steady, tough, smooth: just needs to work on his 3p shot (13%). I don't really see a long NBA career with him, but a very fun player to watch in the B10.
Love some Gray and Curbello. Can Gray be Draymond-like? Seems that way, and he can shoot to boot.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Those three foul line jump shots will make him a bunch of money in his career. He can stop, square up and elevate to easily see the rim and get off his shot.
The mid-range is back.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I feel like demar derozan is a good comparison. Bouk will have a better 3pt shot his rookie year though.

I'll agree with the caveat that I know the name Derozan but haven't seen a highlight of his since forever and am not going to You Tube it to find out.

Reaction Score
Can Gray be Draymond-like? Seems that way, and he can shoot to boot.
Kinda. Gray is much bigger clocking in at 6'8 260 so in the NBA he can be a real 5 rather than Green as a small-ball 5.

Reaction Score
I meant to post this the other day but forgot: Jeremy Woo @ SI has Bouk up to #6 in his latest mock draft.

Admittedly, this is higher than you’d want to place Bouknight in a vacuum—for now, consider it illustrative of how much definition this draft class lacks after the first five prospects. After missing six weeks with an elbow injury that required surgery, Bouknight returned last week and looks to be picking up where he left off following an early-season breakout. He relies on strong instincts and advanced, acrobatic finishing skills to put pressure on the rim. He’s not very big for his position but compensates with explosiveness, and as a stellar athlete with tons of natural ability, needs to be taken seriously as a mid-lottery prospect due in part to a lack of great options. Bouknight is a capable shooter and passer, but needs to improve on both fronts, and defensively he stands to improve, as well. If he can make the transition toward on-ball playmaking, his ceiling rises substantially, but he may profile better as a microwave bench scorer than as a legitimate starting two-guard. Bouknight’s competitive makeup and consistency at least point to a degree of useful floor.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom