Bottomless Popcorn | The Boneyard

Bottomless Popcorn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Per an email that I just got from the Athletic Dept:

What's Going On:

Special Concession Offer for UConn Football Season Ticket Holders!

Show your season ticket at any concession stand and you’ll receive a $5 bottomless popcorn! Bring your empty popcorn bucket back to any concession stand and your refill will be free!

BIG props to the athletic department

Last edited:

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
John said:
What's Going On: Special Concession Offer for UConn Football Season Ticket Holders! Show your season ticket at any concession stand and you’ll receive a $5 bottomless popcorn! Bring your empty popcorn bucket back to any concession stand and your refill will be free!

So many bottomless popcorn teenage jokes here...where do I start?

Former HCPP come sit
Next to me and enjoy some popcorn. And offer some to GDL.

Reaction Score
So many bottomless popcorn teenage jokes here...where do I start?

Former HCPP come sit
Next to me and enjoy some popcorn. And offer some to GDL.

I have no idea what you're talking about (??)

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Per an email that I just got from the Athletic Dept:

What's Going On:

Special Concession Offer for UConn Football Season Ticket Holders!

Show your season ticket at any concession stand and you’ll receive a $5 bottomless popcorn! Bring your empty popcorn bucket back to any concession stand and your refill will be free!

BIG props to the athletic department
This is a nice move. I'd like to see it with beverages (soft drinks/water). I'd even love an option to pay $7 or $8 for a bottomless rather than $5 for a one and done. Doesn't need to be season ticket holders only although it's a nice psychological ploy to keep us pleased.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I have no idea what you're talking about (??)

I'm with you on this one.

I'm sure there's a sexual reference to movie theaters and guys trying to make moves on girls somewhere but I don't know it.

Reaction Score
I'm with you on this one.

I'm sure there's a s e xual reference to movie theaters and guys trying to make moves on girls somewhere but I don't know it.

I don't think I'd ever go to the movies with any of these creeps.

Reaction Score
upload_2014-9-26_16-18-50.png

He just wants to see Honk if in Peace.

mets1090

Reaction Score
For the record that trick is not a good idea with hot nachos.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
http://www.thedudereport.com/2014/05/16/popcorn-trick/

Well that's the popcorn trick I'm familiar with (NSFW text I guess)... Not sure why he's bringing PPGDL into this...

Oh, that trick? Yeah, I mean I've successfully pulled it off, but that fake yellow butter stains your crank for like two months. Add to that the fact that my girl started calling me "butterballs" everywhere we went and I had to explain the whole scenario. Not worth it.

mets1090

Reaction Score
Oh, that trick? Yeah, I mean I've successfully pulled it off, but that fake yellow butter stains your crank for like two months. Add to that the fact that my girl started calling me "butterballs" everywhere we went and I had to explain the whole scenario. Not worth it.
Getting to explain that you pulled that off would make the whole thing worth it. Possibly more so than the execution itself.

Reaction Score
This is like a bar strategy. Put out free salty snacks and sell more drinks. My guess is that water, soda and beer sales will rise with the amount of popcorn consumed.

Reaction Score
Anyone cash in on the bottomless popcorn? We didn't do it because it was so friggin hot, I didn't want to get all salted up and have to buy $4 bottled waters the entire game.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Anyone cash in on the bottomless popcorn? We didn't do it because it was so friggin hot, I didn't want to get all salted up and have to buy $4 bottled waters the entire game.

Yup. We got our free refill and it was glorious. By the end of the 3rd quarter, I had successfully covered my eyeballs with popcorn salt and butter so I couldn't watch any more.

Reaction Score
Yup. We got our free refill and it was glorious. By the end of the 3rd quarter, I had successfully covered my eyeballs with popcorn salt and butter so I couldn't watch any more.

was it big bags or little bags?

Dooley

Reaction Score
was it big bags or little bags?

Big bags. We had a full crew at the game (7 total) and there was plenty to go around.

Reaction Score
This thread sat here all day annoying the out of me and I just can't let it slide any longer. It's duckcking popcorn and imagining that any of you gives a about free refills of duckcking chicken food makes me want to punch your fat faces. This team sucks, the coach is a whacko and the best we can do is free refills on something that is worth a nickel? What a disaster.

Dooley

Reaction Score
This thread sat here all day annoying the out of me and I just can't let it slide any longer. It's duckcking popcorn and imagining that any of you gives a about free refills of duckcking chicken food makes me want to punch your fat faces. This team sucks, the coach is a whacko and the best we can do is free refills on something that is worth a nickel? What a disaster.

If you're going to punch me, please don't knock the popcorn out my teef. Picking kernels out of my molars proved to be far more entertaining than watching Whitmer scramble around like a lost puppy.

Reaction Score

I don't think you're quite grasping something here my friend. It's a Landmark Day - the Athletic Department is offering something tangible to the season ticket holders as way of a thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom